Fresh Vegetable Pasta Toss
4 oz. whole wheat pasta
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and Pepper
1 zucchini, chopped
1 broccoli head, chopped
1/4 cauliflower head, chopped
1/2 cup corn
1 can chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When water is boiling, remove 1/2 cup to a small bowl and add sundried tomatoes to hydrate.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, salt & pepper and thyme, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and stir constantly for another minute.
- Add zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, corn and 1/2 cup of chicken broth to skillet. Place lid on skillet and steam vegetables for 4-5 minutes – or until fork tender.
- Add pasta and drained sundried tomateos to skillet with vegetables, pour another 1/4 – 1/2 cup chicken broth over the mixture and stir to mix.
- Heat through, serve & enjoy!
Try this with crumbled feta, an drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, or shredded, roasted chicken!