Top o’ the morning to ya! I am up and ready to GO! It’s supposed to be in the 70′s all week with only chances of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I’m planning on being outside AMAP (as much as possible :) )
I started my beautiful morning out with an equally beautiful bowl of oatmeal:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- vanilla & cinnamon
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- toasted coconut
- toasted almonds
- 2 dried figs
- 2 dried apricots
- sugar-free maple syrup
Doesn’t these apricot and fig pieces look like those one types of mushrooms?
Another winner for sure. Sweet, creamy, filling, chewy, satisfying – perfect!
If you ever look at my list of oatmeal ingredients and think to yourself “ugh, that’s just too much work for breakfast!” fear not, I have some tips:
- On Sundays:
- Toast enough coconut and almonds for the entire week. Measure out one portion servings of each and place together in tupperware or plastic baggies**.
- Measure out one portion servings of oatmeal and place in tupperware or plastic baggies.
- Night before:
- Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 milk in a little tupperware container. Place in fridge.
- Cut up dried fruit and place in tupperware or plastic baggies.
- Other tips: keep spices/flavorings like syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a cabinet next to, or near your stove. Then you just have to reach up, use them and place them right back!
Use these tips to ride the hassle-free highway to oatmeal deliciousness and a great morning. Full stove-top how-to tutorial coming later today! **FYI: don’t get scared at the multiple references to plastic baggies. I re-use these babies multi times and more often than not, use tupperware.
I have been on a fruit KICK the past few weeks. I need to balance that out with a few more vegetable replacements – I just get so excited after such a looooooong winter without fabulous cantaloupe, mangoes, strawberries, etc. ;) I can’t help it! So for lunch I packed:
Fruit salad (I know):
Blueberry buckle AE yogurt:
Braeburn apple + crunchy Barney Butter:
Mmmmm!!! Apples + BB = fabulousness that you must know firsthand ASAP!
So, I’ve given you some tips for a hassle-free, oatmeal-full breakfast. What are some tips you have for getting breakfasts, lunches and/or dinners ready in no-time?
Have a GREAT Monday everyone!