I try to never wish away my days…but I am totally workin’ for the weekend at this point! I don’t even have any plans – well actually, I have some amazing plans for Sunday afternoon – but other than that, I don’t really have anything on the agenda for the weekend…I just want it to get here. Now!
So I need to share…this past weekend I finally got new cookie cutters, so last night after my run I created a little duck army out of sugar cookies!! Aren’t they sweet? I seriously like, wanted to cuddle with them or something…
I also made some veeeery bright flowers…in the dark evening light, they were semi-blinding!
For breakfast this morning I was tempted – I mean REALLY tempted – to break up a cookie on top of my oatmeal for a special topper. Buuuuut I didn’t…if I’m going to have a cookie, I’m going to enjoy it all by itself…savoring every sweet and delicious bite…mmm…
SO – instead I had Apricot Almond Oatmeal!
In the mix:
- 1/2 cup each of oats, skim milk and water
- splash of almond extract & cinnamon
- 1 medium banana
- ~2 T almonds
- 4 chopped apricots
- drizzle of sugar-free syrup
This is another winning combo – the dried apricots are such a fab addition to the oatmeal…I just loved this bowl!!
I also had coffee in my Frozen 5K mug…which I didn’t even know I had until I found it in the cupboard today! Sweet!
For lunch I packed another sweet and savory delight: Mixed Greens Salad with Roasted Vegetables, Cheese & Strawberries!
I love that punch of sweetness from the strawberries, mixed in with the savory salad dressing and roasted vegetables. Yummy!!
It’s Three Question Thursday time, people!!! Here they are…and here’s my challenge: if you’ve been reading but never commented – do it today! Let’s hear from you!
1. If you could play one professional sport, what would it be?
2. Would you rather be stranded on a desert island alone, or with someone you can’t stand?
3. If could teach something, what would you teach?
1. I think I’d want to be a professional diver. I feel like that is such a unique and beautiful talent to be able to twist and tumble in the air like that. Plus, those people just seem fearless…
2. I think…I’d rather be alone! I have very little patience…eek!
3. I would teach cooking and baking classes! Gosh that’d be so amazing…
Have a FAB Thursday everyone!