Good morning! Another cool and beautiful morning here – perfect for my morning Mom walk :) Right now I’ve got my back porch door open, the cool air is rolling in – it seriously feels like Fall!
Sooo – I completely forgot about the Green Monster challenge!! Who took it?! What did you think?! For all of those who haven’t tried it yet – let me give you a reminder of how delicious they are…just look at this!
In my glass today:
- Two big handfuls baby spinach
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 handfuls ice
I used my fun Iowa glass, too. I only wish there was some Iowa Hawkeye representation on this guy! Who else is excited for college football season to start? I know I am!!
I found the company that sells these by the way. They also make pillows, towels, aprons, totes & trays – super cute!! Check them out here.
For lunch today I packed some fabulous, fresh eats. First off, a big mixed green salad with some leftover great northern beans and dried apricots!
Definitely not the most gorgeous salad in the world – it’s actually quite hideous – but it’s full of crunchy, chewy and creamy textures that I just love!
I also packed some juicy cantaloupe:
And a tart and sweet plum:
Do you like plums? I love how unique they are – crunchy, tangy skin with sweet, plumy insides. Mmmm!
So I’ve been getting up a little bit earlier than usual lately and it’s really working in my favor. My mornings are feeling a lot less stressful. With that said – here’s some more tips for a morning with less stress!
- Wake up it least 5 minutes earlier. How many times have you been running late wishing you had just 5 more minutes? This short amount of time seriously makes a big difference in the morning!
- Pack your lunch in the evening. It you have leftovers from dinner, portion out a lunch sized serving in a tupperware container and leave it in the fridge. In the morning, all you’ll need to do is grab it and go!
- If you drink coffee – pour the amount of water you need into your coffee pot and put a filter in the machine before you go to bed. Place your coffee mug or to-go cup next the machine too. In the morning, all you’ll need to do is pour the water into the machine, put some grounds into the filter and push “on”! (Or schedule it to start about 10 minutes before your alarm clock goes off to help get yourself out of bed!)
- Layout your clothes for the next day, the evening before. Even if you don’t physically take them out of the closet, it least get an idea of what you want to wear the next day. I can’t tell you how much time this planning step saves!
- If you’re going to be hitting the gym during your lunch hour or right after work/school, pack your gym bag and put it in your car the night before. There’s nothing more stressful than trying to get out the door in the morning with your purse, laptop bag, lunch bag and a gym bag!
- Place breakfast making items out the night before. It you’re going to be making toast – take out the toaster and put it on the counter. If you’re going to be making a green monster – take our the blender and put it on the counter. These steps seem tiny – but add up to some serious time saved!
I honestly use everything single one of these tips everyday and I can tell you that it really makes for a less stress start to my day. Who doesn’t want that?!
What tips or steps do you follow for a morning with less stress?