Good morning all! It’s the last day of my work week today – hooray!
I’ve got a lot of stuff to wrap up before we head out for the long weekend, so I fueled up this morning with an Egg, English Muffin & Fruit breakfast!
First I whisked up 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites with some S&P. While those scrambled, I toasted up an english muffin and topped one half with blackberry jam and the other half with peanut butter.
Everytime I eat an english muffin, I’m reminded of how much more substantial they seem than just regular toast…you know what I mean? Oh, by the way, I use Lakeland 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins. They are great!
I added one plum in for good measure (and for deliciousness) and called it a meal!
Oh also – can I just remind you all of how delicious that Chocolate Peanut Butter coffee is?? I was sitting in my kitchen waiting for my mom this morning (to go on our walk) and while it was brewing I literally wanted to eat my coffee pot…it smelled so good!! I’m almost out too…it may be time to re-order!
For lunch today, I made a repeater of last night’s salad – a Taco Salad. I could have froze the leftover taco meat (which freezes very well, btw) but dangit, that was a really good salad! The mix was exactly the same as last night, minus tomatoes because I didn’t feel like cutting any up this morning
Whenever I have a creamy dressing for a salad, I pack it in a small ziploc bag instead of a small tupperware container. When I’m ready to eat, I just snip off a corner of the bag and squeeze!
I also packed a crispy Braeburn apple, which has been missing from my life the past few days – oh how I have missed it!
You guys, last night I was cracking up at all of the “less than stellar” choices we used to make…I actually said a few “ohhh yeah, me too!” to several of them! The important thing is that we’ve moved on and are now making healthier decisions in our lives!
Which leads me into three question Thursday!
1. What healthy habit have you incorporated into your life that you are most proud of?
2. What are three things on your “bucket list”?
3. What’s your favorite holiday?
1. I am most proud of the fact that I have incorporated running into my everyday life. When I left college I could maybe run 2 miles. Maybe. I had danced my entire life, played soccer, etc, but had never ever been a runner. When I moved to Minneapolis and began sloooowly introducing running into my life, I never thought I’d be able to run a half marathon someday and have it become part of my everyday life!
2. Mine are: 1. Learn Japanese. ps do you know how expensive Rosetta Stone is?? 2. Take time off of work before I retire to travel. 3. Learn how to surf 8)
3. Christmas! I love everything about it – the music, the lights, the good cheer, time spent with family – I could go on forever
Have a fabulous Thursday wherever you are!