Guess who’s got the cleanest kitchen on the block? ME!
Last night I went to town on my kitchen and scrubbed the floors, countertops, table and fridge. Just look at how she sparkles & shines!
Supplies are low because we’re nearing the end of the week – but we’ve got our fruit & vegetable drawers plus bottom shelf, containing bagels, fresh-from-the-field Iowa Sweet Corn (eek, need to use that tonight!) and some watermelon.
Middle shelf containing more yogurt than I could ever eat in a year, almond butter (word!) my massive bag of spinach from Costco and our meat & cheese drawer.
Finally our top shelf with all the fridge randos including: milk, a rouge apple & lime (hey, how’d you guys get out of your drawer?!) assorted beverages, tofu and egg beaters.
I forgot to take a picture of the door, but you know how that goes – condiments, butter, what have you. Now I don’t love to clean, but I do LOVE the feeling of a clean house. It seriously makes EVERYTHING better!!
So – it was already 72 degrees outside when my Mom and I went on our walk this morning! When I got home, I needed something to coooooool off. So I had Mixed Fruit Salad, Lemon Chiffon Yogurt & a CranberryOrange PURE Bar.
What a beautiful salad that was as fresh and cooling as can be.
It had blueberries, strawberries & watermelon. This would be a good sorbet!
A zippy Lemon Chiffon yogurt:
And one of the most fun flavors of PURE Bar: CranberryOrange. Fun because it tastes like Fruit Loops! You know how I like my F-loops…
I depleted most of my my veggie stash with lunch today and made another Kitchen Sink Salad.
- Carrot chips
- Leftover tomatoes & basil
- Radishes (which, holy cow, get SO spicy as they sit! I cut these up on Monday I think, and they are ZIP-PAY today!)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Deli turkey
Ugh look at that little globe of goodness. I heart cherry tomatoes!
It’s gonna be a scorcher today – I’m so glad I got all my baking done last night so I can keep the oven OFF tonight! Have a supah Thursday!
Oh yes, it’s Three Question Thursday time, friends These all came to me at once today, how lucky! Sometimes I have to sit and stew over them…but not today!
1. What’s something that you wear everyday?
2. Do you get ready for the day in silence, to the radio, to the tv, or something else?
3. Where are you dreaming of going on vacation to next?
1. Concealer…genetics were not kind to my under-eye circles! Oh, and this bracelet my Mom gave me
2. I get ready in silence When Ben used to go to work before me, I’d listen to the morning news channel, but he gets up after me now so I have to entertain myself!
3. Long term goal: Greece. Short term goal: NYC! I have had the biggest craving to go there lately…ugh I just love it!