Goooood Monday morning to you all! Hope your weekend was faaaantastic! Did-ya’ do anything crazy?
First things first – some housekeeping:
- I heard commenting wasn’t working for some people, but I think it’s fixed! If you continue to have problems, shoot me an email @ IowaGirlEats@hotmail.com.
- I also got messages that some people aren’t even able to see the site. If this happens again, try going to your Internet Options and clearing your cookies. If you’re still having troubles, shoot me an email.
- If you’re signed up for my RSS feed, just make sure it’s http://feeds.feedburner.com/iowagirleats and NOT http://iowagirleats.com/feed.
I promise I’ll get this stuff figured out eventually…or die trying! Thanks for sticking with me in the meantime
Well we’re finally getting some rain moving in our area. It’s been 24 days, or something crazy like that, since our last rainfall!! My Mom and I did manage to squeak in a morning walk, but it’s lookin’ pa-retty dark out there!
So dark in fact, that my pictures are halo’d in the harsh glare of florescent light. Good thing it didn’t affect the taste of my breakfast – Banana & Almond Butter English Muffins!
These are Thomas Hearty-Grain English Muffins and they are wonderfully soft and pillowy.
Almond butter + bananas = no fail combo. Delicious, nutritious and keeps me full all morning long!
And remember when I was telling you how one of my favorite things about Fall was all the apple varieties trickling into the grocery stores? Well, the KING has arrived – Honeycrisp! These babies were only $1.99/lb at the store yesterday…are you joking me?! You better believe I snatched up my fair share
Crisp, sweet, crunchy…Honeycrisp apples are the perfect apples, if you ask me. I sliced one up for my breakfast! What’s your favorite apple variety?
Lunch will be pure deliciousness: Chopped Mango, Cottage Cheese & a CherryCashew PURE Bar.
Eating mangoes makes me giddy – seriously! They are SO tropical and such a treat
And I splurged at the grocery store this weekend and bought AE Cottage Cheese. This cottage cheese is like ice cream – so creamy, so cold and almost decadent. Can you call your cottage cheese decadent!?
To finish things off, a CherryCashew PURE Bar. One of my faves
So I read an interesting article last week called “8 Reasons to Hit the Gym – Why We Work Out.” It contains reasons why everyday people continually get their booties to the gym, and here they are:
- To battle depression when dealing with a deployed husband or wife, sick relative, etc.
- To feel sexy(ier!) by taking unconventional fitness classes like pole dancing.
- To stay healthy in order to get off certain medications and/or to prevent having to take them in the future.
- For the kids, parents wanting to be healthy role models for their children and making sure they’re around in the future.
- To achieve new goals such as increasing running mileage, being able to lift more weight, becoming more flexible in yoga, etc.
- To feel happier and get those endorphins flowing.
- To build stamina in order to bike longer, run harder, etc.
- To have your cake and eat it too – literally, so you can eat lots of cake!
Do you identify with any of the points above?
I identify most with #8. Unfortunately, as short as I am – I don’t require a lot of calories everyday, but I LOVE to taste and eat. Therefore, in order to keep eating and tasting – I have to workout. It’s as simple, and hard, as that.
Have a fabulous Monday everyone!