Today’s Mom walk was quite the adventure…we crunched the dry, Fall leaves that were covering the sidewalks, said hello to a stray kitten with bells on her collar and passed by a giant man wearing a flesh colored ski mask?! I’m not saying all men who walk around at 5:30am in flesh colored ski masks are up to no good, but it was…creepy! What safety precautions do you take when working out alone? I always carry a cell phone and never go out alone if it’s very early or very late!
At any rate, we made it home safely and I couldn’t WAIT to have breakfast: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.
After I spotted a whole display of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin on sale at the grocery store this weekend, and picked up several cans, I knew it would be the very first thing I’d make.
Last night I whipped up a batch of the oatmeal, baked and let it cool. I sealed the two servings it made in a blanket of plastic wrap and let them settle into the fridge for the night. This morning I pulled one out, warmed in the microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds, and dug in.
This baked oatmeal is simply the best. Chewy, tender, creamy, ever so sweet and packed with those quintessential “pumpkin pie” flavors. If you still haven’t tried this recipe – what in the world are you waiting for?!
Now, I have a confession…50% of the reason why I buy sirloin steaks is so I can save some to make one of my favorite salads for lunch the next day: Steak & Spinach Salad!
That’s a bed of baby spinach, sliced sirloin steak & dried cranberries.
Chewy, salty, sweet = tastiest and most satisfying salad I make. Feta cheese is also a great addition, but alas, I have none!
So last night, sweet-as-pie, fellow blogger Lauren at Say What You Need to Say passed on a fun little questionnaire for me to fill out! Never one to pass down a good questionnaire, last night I went to town. Fun!
- Where is your cell phone? Next to my left hand
- Your hair? Long-ish and dark brown
- Your mother? One of my best friends
- Your father? Would do anything for his family
- Your favorite food? Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Seriously, I am 6
- Your dream last night? I usually can’t remember mine…rats
- Your favorite drink? Oh, too many to name really. I do enjoy a good vanilla Chai.
- Your dream/goal? To live in Cali and wander around farmer’s markets all day
- What room are you in? Kitchen
- Your hobby? Blogging, cooking, finding fun stuff for Ben & I to do
- Your fear? Bugs
- Where do you want to be in 6 years? Not thinking about that right now, too busy enjoying living in the present
- Where were you last night? Kitchen
- Something you aren’t? A liar
- Muffins? Mmm…I’ll take a scone instead. A pumpkin scone!
- Wish list item? New camera and a Garmin Forerunner
- Where did you grow up? Iowa, baby!
- Last thing you did? Ate some sweet, sweet Pumpkin ice cream!
- What are you wearing? Hoodie and sweats
- Your TV? Samsungs – Ben’s brand loyal
- Your pets? None, still not ready for the responsibility
- Your friends? The best!
- Your life? Greener
- Your mood? Annoyed…the new Girls Next Door cast is just the worst
- Missing someone? Mmm, no!
- Vehicle? Ford Focus
- Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
- Your favorite store? Whole Foods
- Your favorite color? Pink
- When was the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago
- Last time you cried? The day Finn was born – tears of happiness
- Your best friend? I have many
- One place that you go over and over? Work
- One person who emails me regularly? My Mom
- Favorite place to eat? Miyabi 9 – best sushi around!
I can’t wait to get home tonight…someone’s going to be slaving away on dinner all day – and it’s not me!
Three Question Thursday has taken over Tuesday – muwahahaha! I’m picking three questions from the list above for YOU to answer!
Wish list item?
Last thing you did?