For the past several months, I’ve had this girl’s picture hanging on my fridge among to-do lists, awards, magnets and recipes.
It’s been my inspiration to grow long, strong and luscious hair like hers. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t working out, so…
I chopped it!
I don’t like how my stylist fixes my hair after a cut, so I wanted to wait until today to show you! It’s definitely more high maintenance then my long hair which I could just blow-dry and go, but that’s the price you pay, I guess! Do you ever use pictures for inspiration?
At any rate – today I made some oh-so-fluffy Banana Almond Oatmeal for breakfast.
Cooked on the stove-top to whippy, hot oat-y perfection.
In the mix:
- 1/3 cup each old fashioned oats, skim milk & water
- 1 banana (1/2 sliced in while oats were cooking, 1/2 sliced on top)
- Sliced almonds
- Splash of vanilla, dash of cinnamon
- Drizzle of sugar-free syrup
This totally hit the spot! What’s your favorite oatmeal combo?
Ok, I know I said last night that I have no taste for cold sandwiches, but the rules bend for sandwiches that were at one point hot, and are now cold. Mmmkay?
Are you sick of seeing these Honeycrisps yet? No? Good, ‘cause I’m not sick of eating them! Glad we’re all on the same page here. ;) Oh and thanks to everyone who let me know yesterday where the good sales are at for these guys!
In other news – I won a contest on Twitter yesterday! You’ve seen me feature Blue Bunny products (seriously, click on that link and tell me that music doesn’t make you smile) on this blog before. From Blackberry Creme & Raspberry Acai Berry yogurt to Sweet & Salty Cluster ice cream (twice) – I truly love their products.
When @Blue_Bunny tweeted the following challenge yesterday:
Blue_Bunny: Trivia (& 1 FREE ice cream winner) – in your POV whats been the greatest invention in the ice cream world? (IMHO, inclusions! & lots of em!)
IowaGirlEats: The peanut butter cone pieces in Sweet & Salty Cluster, which never get soggy. Brilliant!
What would you know – they picked me as the winner! FYI, Sweet & Salty Cluster ice cream is whipped cream flavored ice cream with salty chocolate peanuts, peanut butter cone pieces and a caramel swirl. I KNOW.
I find out what my prize is sometime today. Hopefully it’s vats and vats of ice cream. My thighs won’t be pleased. ;)
Off for another day – can you believe tomorrow’s Friday? My, my…time flies!
It’s Three Question Thursday time! Here we go folks:
1. Would you rather see the future or hear what everyone is thinking?
2. 2 part Q: Is your hair long or short? Curly or straight?
3. What would you do if someone gave you $1,000 dollars today?
1. Eek, both options sound equally as horrifying, actually! I guess seeing the future could totally ruin the present, so as painful as it could potentially be, I’d rather hear what people are thinking.
2. Short and stick straight. My hair won’t hold a curl for one, hot minute!
3. Book a trip to NYC for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!