Hi guys! I had one.CRAZY.day and am so glad that I’m finally on the relaxation end of it! To decompress, I knocked out a fab gym sesh after work:
- 13 minutes elliptical @ level 5
- 6 minutes stairmaster @ level 5
- 13 minutes treadmill @ 7.0
- 2 minute treadmill sprint @ 7.5
- 7 minutes elliptical @ level 6
- 5 minutes treadmill @ 4.0 & 5% incline
- 5 minutes treadmill @ 3.5 & 5% incline
This was a great one and I am loving incorporating multiple machines into my workouts these days. I’m a “check off” type person, so the short intervals on multi machines lets me do mental “check, check, checks” throughout the entire workout – nice!
I dragged myself home and was welcomed with open arms by my absolute favorite type of dinner, (and Ben) – a ready-for-you-when-you-walk-through-the-door crock pot dinner! Tonight, it was Creamy Corn & Chicken Soup.
Based off of this recipe, my ingredients included:
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 small cans reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup each of carrots & onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- Several good splashes of Louisiana hot sauce (un-pictured)
- 1 chicken bullion cube (un-pictured)
- Garlic & onion powder (un-pictured)
- Egg Noodles (un-pictured)
- 2 slices, cooked & crumbled center-cut bacon (un-pictured)
This morning I combined all ingredients from the chicken broth through the hot sauce in my crockpot and cooked on low for 5.5 hours. When I got home from work, I:
- Removed the chicken breasts, shredded and added back into the pot
- Added one crushed chicken bullion cube and several shakes of garlic & onion powders
- Cooked up some egg noodles, drained and added into the pot
- Microwaved and crumbled some center-cut bacon slices
- Ladled soup into a mug, topped with bacon and dined!
To be honest, this was a very “Church soup supper” soup, if you will. Ben said it tasted like soup that you would get out of a big vat…thanks babe! It was just kind of plain Jane, which is why I added all of the “un-pictured” items. After those additions – it was pretty tasty!
Even tastier was some garlic bread that Ben cooked up for us. You know how I feel about garlic bread!
It was really, really good actually. Not flimsy at all, but light enough so you don’t feel super carby after eating it. I enjoyed!
Plus – look Ma – no trans fats!
I clearly also had some nibbles of Ben’s manly cheese bread…
I couldn’t resist
Ok – I must relinquish control of my computer now. Ben’s got a very important fantasy basketball draft that he must conduct…
Maybe I should start a Next Top Model draft?
Have a great night everyone!
Do you like soup? What’s your favorite kind?
I find that a lot of people either really love, or hate soup. I fall into the really love group. My fave is Grandma’s Handmade Chicken Noodle Soup!