Good morning everyone – T…G…I…F! I feel like it’s been weeks since last weekend! Luckily we’ve got no plans in this household for the next two days…what about you?
So my Mom and I took a walk in Miami, FL this morning. It least that’s what it felt like – it was so balmy and humid outside! The weather this Fall in Iowa has been so odd. Makes me wonder what Mother Nature has in store for us this winter?!
Well all week you’ve read about my baked oatmeal experimentations. They’ve been good, they’ve been great, they’ve been downright sinful! Today’s creation though, really takes the (cheese) cake…
Baked Raspberry Cheesecake Oatmeal!
YES. Picture the most decadent raspberry cheesecake you’ve ever had, then picture eating that as part of a heart-healthy baked oatmeal breakfast!!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup water, unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 1/2 mashed medium banana
- splash of vanilla
Raspberry Cream Cheese Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese (softened for 5 sec in microwave)
- 1 tsp powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
- tiny squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Raspberry preserves
1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Combine oatmeal ingredients and pour into non-stick sprayed baking dish.
2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice. Put into plastic bag, snip off one end and squeeze into two horizontal lines on top of oatmeal. Put raspberry preserves in another plastic bag and squeeze two horizontal lines in between the cream cheese.
3. Drag knife up and down through lines to create a swirl. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
I think this wins as my favorite baked oatmeal creation of the week! It was seriously that good. The homemade raspberry preserves that we picked up apple picking a few weeks ago was the perfect, sweet compliment to the tangy cream cheese swirl. DECADENT you guys – a must try!
Lunch today incorporates my favorite roasted brussels sprouts from last night, to make a Roasted Vegetable, Vegetable Salad. I don’t adore leftover roasted vegetables to be honest, but roasted brussels sprouts seem to soak up the salad dressing which make them even tastier!
In the mix:
- Romaine hearts
- Feta Cheese
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Does it get any better than this, my friends??
Stay tuned this afternoon for Fun Fact Friday…Halloween Edition. Until then – have a great morning!
So Ben and I decided to forego our plans for a winter vacation in order to save for a GRAND vacation this Spring. Initially, I was pretty bummed, but we’re both so busy with work that I honestly believe we won’t have time to be upset that we’re not on vacay! That said:
How do you plan where to go and where to stay for vacation? Do you use services like Expedia, travel guides or travel books?