Good morning all!
Since so many of you mentioned yesterday that you like to make use of the new-found, daylight savings time sun to get a good morning workout in – I decided to give it a shot today! While it wasn’t light out when I left for the gym (5:30) I got to see the sunrise from the treadmill! How sweet is that?
- 10 minutes elliptical @ level 4
- 10 minutes treadmill @ 6.5
- 10 minutes elliptical @ level 5
- 10 minutes treadmill @ 7
- 5 minutes treadmill @ 3.5
- Total: 4 miles + some change
After my workout, I ended up getting ready in less time than I thought, so I headed over to Starbucks for a nice, skinny vanilla latte with no foam – thank you very much. Early morning workout + Starbucks latte…do Tuesday mornings get better than this?!
Actually they do, because last night, in anticipation of my morning workout, I baked up some oatmeal for breakfast at my desk. Baked Pumpkin Butter & Banana Oatmeal, to be specific. Mmmm…!
- 1/2 cup each old fashioned oats and water
- 1 banana (1/2 mashed, 1/2 sliced & reserved)
- splash of vanilla, dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 3 globs pumpkin butter
- Combine oats through pumpkin pie spice and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Spread pumpkin butter on top of hot, baked oatmeal, top with sliced bananas and a few more dashes of pumpkin pie spice.
Goooooood Heavens, I love this pumpkin butter! Recipe coming tomorrow – so easy, I bet you’ll make it this weekend.
I also packed a winning lunch combo – Chili and a Honeycrisp Apple.
I do like to make low-fat chili by using shredded chicken breast or ground turkey – but there really is something to be said about good, old-fashioned ground beef chili. I did use 93/7 lean ground beef, so the fat content would be lower than your average ground beef chili.
Love, love, LOVE the addition of a can of baked beans in this recipe too. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness. Like yours truly.
You and me, HC! We’re like this.
I’m feeling like I might need an extra snack at some point today. I tend to get extreeeeemely hungry in the afternoons when I workout in the morning. Perhaps I’ll hit up the cafeteria during lunch time for a string cheese and yogurt??
Time to get to work – I’ve got a lot of things to accomplish in only three days – that’s right, I have Friday off! 8)
Do you plan snacks into your day?
I tend to be a 3 meal a day kind of gal, myself!