Oops, I did it again.
That Honey Wheat bagel from last night was so irresistible – I had to have another one for breakfast today!
Last night I took a bagel out of the freezer (I stocked up a few weeks ago when they were on sale!) and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. This morning I toasted it up, and brought out the big guns…
Almond Butter, baby. Top with half a sliced banana for a breakfast you won’t soon forget.
I left the other half of my banana for Ben – aka, my little garbage disposal.
I slice my bananas right in the peel. Less mess. You?
Well between my Mom’s Lasagna Rollups from Sunday, and my Chili from Monday – Ben and I have found ourselves with a large supply of leftovers to kill! I’m doing my part by packing some Chili and a Mixed Veggie Salad for lunch.
I’ve been meaning to tell you – this chili freezes fabulously. Just let it thaw in the refrigerator for a day or so, re-heat and eat!
My Mixed Veggie Salad will be the perfect, light accompaniment.
In the mix:
- Romaine hearts
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped vine-ripened tomato
So, that speech I told you about last night? This morning I’m headed to Drake University to speak to a Web Design class about how to start and run a website! Like a lot of people, I don’t love speaking in front of big groups of people. In fact, I semi loathe it. But, it’s a good opportunity and a topic that I’m really interested in…so I’m doing it!
I truly believe that no matter how painful it may be, one of the best ways to grow as a person is to occasionally put yourself in uncomfortable positions. Here are some tips to get you through it!
- Ease into it. If something like networking is hard for you, go to an event with a friend who’s committed to sticking by your side for the night. At the next event, challenge yourself to meet three new people without your companion.
- Give yourself credit. Acknowledge the fact that you’ve taken yourself out of your comfort zone and tried something new. Did you face your fear of heights by hiking up a steep mountain side? Give yourself a big pat on the back – that takes guts!
- Think of what you could gain. Successful people aren’t successful from sitting on the couch and waiting for something to happen. Sometimes it takes big risks to reap big rewards.
- What’s the worst that could happen? It didn’t turn out quite how you had hoped? Think of it as a learning experience and move on – there’s always next time!
Keep your fingers crossed for me. I’m probably speaking at this very moment! :O
Happy hump day everyone!
When’s the last time you challenged yourself by doing something outside your comfort zone?
This principle even applies to such things as workouts. Recently I’ve been upping my speed on the treadmill to the 7.0+ range. At first I felt as though I’d fly off the treadmill – now I’m confident in my ability to go even faster!