When all I could find at the store this Fall was pumpkin butter laced with high-fructose corn syrup, I decided to make my own! Here’s my homemade, easy-as-pie, Pumpkin Butter recipe.
1/4 cup apple juice*
15 oz pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a small crockpot and stir to combine.
2. Cook on high for 1 hour. Turn heat to low and cook for 5-6 hours, stirring every hour or so, until the mixture has reduced by 1/3 and is dark brown.
3. Allow to cool, store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.
*You can substitute water for apple juice
Enjoy your Homemade Pumpkin Butter:
- Spread on toast or bagels
- Dalloped on top of your oatmeal
- As a dip with apple or pear slices
- Slightly warmed and swirled over ice cream
- As a spread with baked Brie and crackers