Good morning everyone!
It is bright dark and early and I’m off to Iowa City to tailgate before the Iowa Hawkeye football game!
Today should be a great day for several reasons:
- Iowa is defending an undefeated 9-0 season
- Warm temps are supposed to prevail
- I’m meeting several girlfriends up in Iowa City
- We’re tailgating with my parents and their friends (remember last time? Crazy bunch! Oh sad, I still had my long hair then…)
- It’s college football – ’nuff said!
It’s too early to eat, but I’m packing a Carrot Cake CLIF Bar to nibble on in the car. It’ll be the perfect base for the Bloody Mary that I plan on drinking when I get to the tailgate.
Water is also packed…
My girlfriends and I don’t have tickets to the game so after the tailgate we’ll be heading to a bar to watch. WISH US LUCK! (Both the team and my friends and me – it’s an 11am game and we’ve got alllll day in Iowa City!)
First stop = gas station for coffee. Then it’s Iowa City or Bust!
What are your road trip essentials?
Mine are water, reading material and possibly some Apple-O’s. Plus, Ben makes so much of fun of me and thinks they are so nasty but…Corn Nuts. I know! I love them though – it’s the crunch thing!