Ok…it’s cold now. All that bragging I’ve done the past couple days has finally caught up with me! I think this clearly calls for a Starbucks run. For me, cold = Starbucks. No-foam Skinny Vanilla Latte, here I come!
First, breakfast – a Fruit & Yogurt Parfait!
In the mix:
- 1 Raspberry Vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 banana
- 1 Braeburn apple
- Dash of cinnamon
Last night I mixed half my yogurt with the oats.
Then this morning I stirred in the rest of my yogurt and topped with a sliced banana, chopped apple and dash of cinnamon!
Wow – this was crazy delish! I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again – bananas and yogurt are the ultimate combo. And I am absolutely loving how the oats become super chewy and almost cottage cheese like in the yogurt overnight. I will be repeating this!
Talk about another ultimate combo – a Turkey & Cheese Sandwich. Aka, today’s lunch!
We’ve got roasted turkey, cheddar cheese, pickle slices and hot sauce (I know! I think I might like hot sauce now?!) on whole wheat bread.
I rarely pack sandwiches for lunch and I’m not sure why. They’re super portable, can be extremely healthy, and can easily be made the night before.
To make sure mine doesn’t soggify before lunch (just the worst) I layer my hot sauce and pickles inside the cheese and turkey. This keeps the bread nice and dry!
In other news, I am the lucky recipient of the Kreativ Blogger award from Lauren at Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful! You guys should definitely check out this girl’s site – she’s got some real winning recipes on her hands.
Per the Kreativ Blogger award, I am to let you know 7 things about me, then pass on the award. Fab! Heeeere we go:
- I have liked every movie I’ve ever seen. Seriously! I get completely wrapped up and enjoy each one for what they have to offer. I can only think of one exception to this fact: the movie Wanted with Angelina Jolie. It is literally one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen!
- My most hated word is “steamy.”
- I could watch the movie “Little Women” and read the book “Memoirs of a Geisha” over and over again.
- If I could instantly absorb and excel in one artistic talent, it would be painting.
- I am obsessed with growing my savings account.
- I have no idea what I’ll be doing 5 years from now. Literally, cannot even imagine. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing!
- If I could go back to school, one of the things I’d consider getting is a second degree in is Japanese history.
There you have it folks! Now, I’d like to pass on zee lovely, Kreativ Blogger Award to…
Kristin @ The Kitchen Sink Recipes: One of the classiest, interesting and first blogs I ever read – Kristin’s photographs and stories sweep me away every time I visit. Plus, she’s a Midwestern girl like myself!
With that – have a great Wednesday everyone!
Tell me one interesting fact about yourself!