TGIAT – thank goodness it’s almost Thanksgiving!!! I’m so excited – I can SMELL the baked yams! Do you say yam or sweet potato?
In honor of the feasting that’s about to take place tomorrow, I tackled another morning workout today.
- 10 minutes elliptical @ 5.0 resistance
- 10 minutes treadmill @ 6.5 mph
- 10 minutes elliptical @ 4.0 resistance
- 9 minutes treadmill @ 7.0 mph
- 1 minute treadmill @ 7.5 mph
- Total: 40 minutes, 4.25 miles
This was a BOMB workout! I can’t even remember the days when I used to plant myself on one machine and just go for 45 minutes. If I’m trying to build up my mileage, then definitely, I think that is a good reason to hit the treadmill long and hard. But if I’m looking for a great overall workout, then switching the length, speed & types of intervals I’m doing keeps my body and mind really engaged. Do you typically do several types of exercises in one workout, or do you stick to one?
Well I hope you’re not sick of seeing these two…
Because I harnessed their awesome powers to make more Vanilla Pumpkin Overnight Oats for breakfast!
In the mix:
- 1 Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 sliced banana
- drizzle of almond butter
- sprinkle of almonds
I seriously cannot get enough of this stuff! It’s perfectly sweet (so sweet, that I nixed the tablespoon of pumpkin butter in the actual yogurt + oats, and just drizzled it on top) and is great for when I work out in the mornings because it’s so portable. I can make it at night and grab and go in the morning!
The textures are unbelievable too. Crunchy almonds, chewy oatmeal and creamy bananas. Awesome!
Well, this lucky gal has another half day at work today! I’m in charge of bringing two items to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, so I’m tackling those head on this afternoon…eek! See you at lunch!
Three Question Thursday is coming early this week! Last week I made you choose between some Thanksgiving meal staples – this week I’m asking more about your Thanksgiving experiences. Bombs away!
1. Does your family have any Thanksgiving traditions?
2. Are you in charge of bringing a dish this year, or just your appetite?
2. What’s the first thing your digging your fork into?
1. My most favorite Thanksgiving tradition is sitting around, sipping mimosas and watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Is there a better way to start the day?
2. Normally I’m just in charge of bringing my appetite, but this year I’m bring two kinds of desserts!! Nervous!
3. Baked apples stuffed with sweet potatoes and topped with marshmallows!!!!!! (getting the recipe for you guys, too!)