These sweet potato stuffed, marshmallow topped, baked apples are the side-dish standouts at my family’s Thanksgiving dinner every year. I look forward to them the most and I’ll bet after tasting them, you will too!
Sweet Potato Stuffed Baked Apples
32oz canned cooked sweet potatoes
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
6 Tablespoons butter
6 baking apples (we used Braeburns)
1 cup small marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter, until potatoes and butter are still slightly chunky.
2. Wash and cut the tops off of the apples.
3. Core apples and scoop out the the insides, leaving 1/4 inch of flesh inside the skin and bottom of the apple. Do not pierce through the bottom of the apple.
4. Fill apples to the top with the sweet potato mixture and smooth off the top.
5. Bake apples for 40-50 minutes or until apples feel soft when pressed. Top each apple with marshmallows and broil until golden brown.
6. Allow apples to cool slightly and serve.