Can you please stop gently falling from the hours of 5-6am every day? It makes getting out of bed really hard when you make staying in it so cozy. Thanks.
Seriously, I cannot get out of bed these days! Darn rain makes me want to burrow under the covers and stay there all morning long. But, Momma’s gotta work, so we know that isn’t happening!
The thing that finally DID get me out of bed was Almond Butter & Jelly Oatmeal!
In the mix:
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup + additional splash of water
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 banana (half cooked in w/ oats, half on top)
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar-free raspberry jam
Last night I laid all my ingredients out on the stove so this morning I could whip my bowl of oats right up! For full, stove-top oatmeal directions, click here.
Oooo, I can’t decide what I like more. Just the jam and oatmeal. Just the almond butter and oatmeal. Or a combo of the AB + J and oatmeal…
Ok, I like the combo. Suuuper good!
I’m happy to report that last night I managed to pry myself away from the 4 Cheese Pasta long enough to pack half of it for lunch today!
Seriously, this pasta is ah-mazing. To be honest, the nutritional stats for the sauce aren’t great – 110 cals and 10g of fat per 1/4 cup – but it’s 5x better for you than if you got it at a restaurant and, imo, it’s worth the splurge!
Besides, it’s nothing a fresh and crunchy apple can’t cure.
Or a 100 Calorie bag of Popcorn. This stuff is a long afternoon’s saving grace!
Alrighty, I promised you excitement, and here it is. It’s…
We’ve got loads of stuff to giveaway – to THREE winners! First up we’ve got TWO…
Nasoya Tofu Press + Coupons Packages!
This gadget is incredible. Not only does it firmly press your blocks of tofu, but it comes with a lid, so you can store it in there too!
OK, that’s two prize packages. The third prize package comes from the always helpful and friendly Ben from Swanson Vitamins!
Ben and I hand picked some amazing and delicious goodies specifically for YOU. Check ‘em out!
- Organic Turkish Apricots
- 100% Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 100% Certified Organic Agave Nectar
- Spicy Dry Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
AND, Ben’s throwing in the Swanson “Bringing Wellness To The Kitchen” cookbook, with over 150 healthy & yummy recipes.
Ok, you can enter up to 3 different ways by Thursday, March 11th @ 9pm central. Here’s how:
1. Leave a comment telling me which package you are entering for. EITHER the tofu press + coupons OR the Swanson Vitamins package.
2. Post about this giveaway on your blog and leave a comment letting me know.
3. Tweet “@IowaGirlEats is giving away @Nasoya & @SwansonVitamins goodies – enter by 3/11! http://tinyurl.com/yjmjtva ” and leave a comment letting me know.
Press or eat – take yo’ pick. Good luck!