Did you make it to Starbucks? What’d ya’ get? I got a slice of Pumpkin Bread and it was everything I could have wished for. Moist, spicy, amazing. AMAZING, I tell you! Makes me want to start every morning with a delicious, free pastry!
In other news – you would’ve thought I paid a visit to the local Farmer’s Market to make tonight’s dinner, as it utilized some gorgeous, fresh-from-the-patch veggies. Spring Stir Fry!
Spring Stir Fry
2 servings pasta, cooked & drained
1 yellow squash, chopped
2 heads of broccoli, chopped
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups shredded chicken
4 sun dried tomato halves, chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Seasoning (could be salt & pepper, veggie seasoning, or whatever you like.)
1. Heat a large wok or skillet on medium high heat. Meanwhile cook and drain 2 servings pasta of your choice.
2. Stir fry the squash in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and seasonings until cooked, then remove to a bowl.
2. Heat another teaspoon of olive oil in the wok, then add asparagus, broccoli and more seasoning. Stir fry for about a minute, add water and put a lid on the wok. Allow vegetables to steam for 2 minutes, then remove to a bowl.
3. Heat another teaspoon of olive oil in the wok and sauté onions for 2 minutes with more seasoning. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for another 30 seconds. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
4. Add cooked pasta, chicken, sundried tomatoes and veggies, plus 1 Tablespoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir until everything is heated through. Season liberally, or to taste.
Wohoo this was good and fresh! Loving all the different textures, too.
The colors, flavors and lightness of this plate made me totally think Spring!
I really like including pasta as an ingredient to a dish, rather than it being the main feature. Know what I mean? That way I still get the satisfying chew, but am not eating a heaping pile of it.
And my number one tip for stir frying is have all your ingredients ready before you start stir frying! It will make your life so much easier! Promsies. :D
With that, I am bouncing out the door for a run! It it a spectacular day out and I need to immerse myself in the fresh air. Oh and if you live in the area, run by a random girl and are temporarily blinded – don’t worry, it’s just me and my pale legs. They’re a sight to see!!!!!
Do you tan or use self-tanner?
I tanned as recently as last year, but started to see the evidence of sun damage on my face and neck so I quit cold turkey. All self tanners look completely fake on me so I rock the natural look all winter long. It’s…frightening at times… What can you do though?!