I finally had a good night of sleep – wheee! I’ll admit that Teen Mom sucked me in and I didn’t actually turn everything off until 9, but I was out like a light after that.
Apparently it was Ben’s night to toss and turn though, as he had a hard time falling asleep. That is, until he started counting my snores (I blame allergies!) One count for snore in, one count for breath out. The last number he remembered counting was 90. So there you go – when counting sheep doesn’t work, count your spouse’s snores!
Breakfast is on the go this am – Cheerios, Banana & Berries!
Two peas in a po-
Two peas in a po-
Three peas in a pod! I love Cheerios with a sliced banana and unsweetened vanilla almond breeze. So classic, so satisfying.
I also packed some juicy blackberries for good measure. These are so sweet!
Oh, last night after dinner I made some treats for a co-worker’s last day today – Red Velvet Cupcakes!!! I used a Duncan Hines mix, which looked exactly like chocolate cake mix until some liquid was added and, like magic, it turned bright red!
REALLY red – don’t wear white while mixing this up!
And don’t expect to get away with tasting the batter and not have anybody know. I licked the beaters and, um, looked in the mirror about half an hour later to find that my lips and tongue were scarlet. Busted! How embarrassing.
This box made exactly 3 dozen cupcakes,
and the Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting I used covered all 36 of them without a dabble to spare. How often does that work out so perfectly?!
These were divine!
Moist, beautifully red, and slathered with luscious, cream cheese icing. Oh. Yum.
Sorry, the scratch baker inside of me adores making things from well, scratch, but boxed cake mixes and brownies can be super good!
We’re all going out to lunch today at a restaurant called Centro, to celebrate the aforementioned co-worker’s last day. I usually get the Tuscan Panini:
Wood-grilled chicken, mozzarella, roma tomato, basil and garlic mayo on country Italian bread.
But I might go with one of the signature coal-fired brick oven pizzas…we shall see!
What would a Thursday be without Three Questions to go along with it? Here we go!
1. What’s your favorite cake and icing flavor?
2. How many different places have you lived in your life?
3. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
1. Champagne cake (it was my wedding cake flavor) and nothing can beat funfetti frosting. SO GOOD!
2. Let’s see here – born in Ohio where I think I lived in 2 different cities, moved to Iowa, went to college in Cedar Falls, IA, lived in Japan for a summer, moved to Minneapolis after college, then back to my hometown in Iowa. So…6 total!
3. Ashley Olsen. Yep, I heart the Olsen Twins and I want to know what they’re like in real life!