I spent my morning walk trying to explain the ins & outs of Facebook to my Mom, who just joined. Some highlights include:
- “So, wait. If I just want to tell everyone ‘I love the world!’ I have to post a status update? What’s a status update?? Is that my wall??? What about my feed????”
- “There was no friend button!” “Yes there is Mom.” “No, seriously, I even asked the help section ‘where’s the friend button?’ but they were no help.”
- “Mom, if you want to message someone, you have to post on their wall, not yours.”
- “I can’t friend your brother, because he told me not to, but can I like him? Will he see it?”
Ohhhh – GOOD TIMES!! All teasing is in good fun, btw. We were having ourselves a mighty good chuckle. She says they need a “Facebook for Seniors” class. Now there’s an idea…
Breakfast was a big bowl of Mocha Butter Oats!
In the mix:
- 1/4 cup each old fashioned oats, milk, brewed coffee
- 1 banana (1/2 sliced in while cooking, 1/2 on top)
- drizzle of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- drizzle of Almond Butter
Inspired by my Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie and dripping in goodness!
The coffee flavor in the oats was very subtle but so tasty.
The idea of adding coffee actually came to me from a reader who said she always adds a splash of her latte into her Starbucks oatmeal. AWESOME idea!
I brought some leftover Pad Thai for lunch today.
You know what? I tried another bite as I was packing my lunch after dinner, and it actually wasn’t that bad when it had cooled down! I often find that meals taste completely different when they’re piping hot vs room temperature.
Still a little too sweet for my liking, but better.
With a side of carrot chips and Barney Butter for midday snacking.
I actually forgot I had these babies until I was rummaging around my pantry last night and came across a whole stash of them.
Along with TEN different Larabars that I had no idea were in the there! Apparently I hoard them?!
I’m happy to report that I got 90% of my errands done last night – whew! Just have a few more items to pick up this evening, a bag to pack and itinerary to print – then I’m home free! I AM SO EXCITED!
Happy September 1st!
How long do you spend on Facebook everyday? Do you check in mostly in the mornings, nights or all day?
Come join the convo on my Iowa Girl Eats page, if you’d like!