You guys asked for more burger recipes, so more burger recipes is what I’m dishen’ up! Tonight – Jalapeno Popper Burgers!
I actually can’t claim this burger idea as my own. My clever husband dreamt it up. I just cooked it up!
Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Yield: 4 burgers
1lb 93/7 ground beef
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped bacon
1/4 red onion
1 large jalapeno pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- Add red onion and jalapeno pepper to a food processor and process until minced (or chop finely by hand.) Microwave with 1 Tablespoon water for 1 minute.
- Add beef, parmesan cheese, bacon and microwaved onion & pepper into a large bowl. Mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Portion beef mixture into 4 sections and form into patties.
- Grill to your preferred level of doneness and pre-heat broiler.
- Transfer burgers to foil-lined baking sheet and top each burger with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Broil until cheese is golden brown.
These are the best!! Like a mix of a spicy jalapeno popper and a savory bacon cheeseburger – which totally hit the spot.
I was going to top these with a slice of cheddar cheese, but they had disappeared when I went to grab them. The mound of shredded cheddah’ ended up totally being the way to go though. Gave me some cheese height that I wouldn’t have gotten with a mere slice!
If you’re feeling extra daring, you could add a blob of cream cheese under the mound of cheddar for an extra cheesy, jalapeno popper burst. Mmmmm!
I served some steamed broccoli,
With summer 2/3 of the way over, I’ve got to get these grill inspired menus in when I can. Yum!
Need some more burger recipes? Check these out!
- Apricot Glazed Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Bean Burgers
- Greek Turkey Burgers
- Mozzarella Stuffed Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Glaze
In other news, my parents babysat my nephew today, so I went over after work to get some quality Aunt/Nephew time in!
The. Cutest. Thing. Ever. EVER! His new favorite thing is trying to launch himself off the couch and making us all save him. Then being so proud of himself. Nug.
Well, tonight’s episode of The Life of IGE includes:
Cleaning the kitchen!
Paying the bills!!
Have a great night!
Are you a burger purist or a toppings maniac? Bun or no bun? Beef or other meat?
I think I might be a burger purist. Aside from the occasional squeeze of ketchup, I like my burgers bunless and condimentless! Just give me some gooey cheese, and I’m good to go.