I hit the gym HARD tonight for a couple reasons…
1. I wanted to test drive the new Champion Long & Lean Workout T-shirt I got at Target yesterday!
You guys gave me a TON of ideas as to where and what I should buy for decent, inexpensive workout clothes, and several of you mentioned this shirt. While I was still uber-sweaty after my workout tonight, this guy definitely stayed dryer longer and was much lighter when wet then a cotton t-shirt. Win!
Also I have this thing about wearing tight, short shirts, so the “long and lean” style was super comfy. Oh, and it was only $9.99. I could get into this!!!
2. I ate a million chocolate chip cookies last night. No seriously, I did. It was a good reminder as to why I don’t bake often and/or keep sweets in the house. BECAUSE I WILL DEMOLISH THEM ALL! I have ZERO self control around sugar…
My 30-20-10 workout made me feel better!
30 minutes treadmill @ 7.0: 3.5 miles
20 minutes step mill @ level 7: 1 mile
10 minutes elliptical @ level 5: I forgot to look…
Made my workout sesh FLY I’m telling you. Also, I was audibly laughing on the treadmill to That 70s Show circa 5:30. Sorry to my neighbors… :)
Soooo dinner was seriously epic tonight. Take a hike Pumpkin Pie Pancakes – Pumpkin Pie French Toast is the new sheriff in town. Seeeeeeriously!
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
3 egg whites
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tablespoons flavored coffee creamer
Pumpkin Pie Spice
4 slices bread (I used Nature’s Pride Country White)
1. Mix eggs, milk, pumpkin, creamer, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow dish. Dunk the bread slices in, letting them soak up the pumpkin mixture for ~30 seconds on each side.
2. Butter a hot, flat skillet.
3. Cook french toast on medium heat until cooked on both sides.
Devour the pumpkin-spiced goodness!!!
You have GOT to try this you guys!
The secret ingredients that TOTALLY made the difference was the vanilla coffee creamer. It made the french toast creamy and sinfully sweet.
The cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice totally shined through and the whole thing tasted like luscious, luxurious pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin pie that’s been drizzled with maple syrup, mind you. :) I will be repeating this on a cold winter morning!!
In other news, here’s to it being December 1st and the kickoff to the…
Month of Holiday Giveaways!
Stay tuned the next 4 weeks for the chance to win free food, coupons, sweet kitchen essentials and more. There’s nothing that says Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays like free stuff! :D
I’m kicking off the festivities by giving away one of my FAVORITE grab and go snacks on the planet:
From chocolate to cherry, peanut butter & jelly to peanut butter cookie, carrot cake to coconut cream pie – there’s a Larabar for every day of the week…and then some!
Not only do I adore these bars because they are absolutely mouthwatering, but each one has 2-5 ingredients. The Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar is just peanuts, dates & salt. I mean, come on now.
Now for the giveaway! I have 2 prize packs to give away.
1. A CASE of Tropical Fruit Tart Larabars. A vacation-inspired combo of tropical pineapple, coconut and orange.
2. Name your flavor! Pick out any 5 Larabar flavors you want. Wheee!
Enter up to 3 ways by 5pm central on Friday, December 3rd. Here’s how:
1. Tell me which prize pack you want – #1 or #2.
2. Vote for my dishes on the Breakstone Blogger Challenge Website and leave another comment.
3. Tweet or Facebook about this giveaway, and leave another comment.
Good luck y’all! Here’s to healthy (and delicious) snacks!