I had a weird Monday. The first half flew, but (I think because I didn’t get out for lunch) my afternoon semi dragged on. Then I was nearly attacked by a wasp, so, you know. What about you?
After work I was this close to bailing on my much needed workout, but I did the right thing and got my butt in that car and drove straight to the gym!
30 minutes treadmill alternating between 6.5 and 7.0 = 3.25 miles
20 minutes step mill alternating between level 9 & 10 = 2.25 miles.
Aaaand it’s official. I hate that dang step mill!! We’re on an indefinite break until further notice. There was a guy on the one next to me, who was at least 75, and he was just hauling. I, on the other hand, was dying. It’s good, I guess. But omg I am so moving on! Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s ever broken up with a piece of gym equipment?!
In other news, per my menu posting for the week, tonight’s menu featured Thai Peanut Stir Fry for dinner!!!
In the mix:
- Extra firm tofu
- Chicken breast
- Bok Choy
- Pea pods
All stir fried in batches, with a teaspoon of peanut oil (the MOST tasty of oils,) then combined and tossed with da sawce!
Oh, and served over some chewy brown rice made with chicken broth.
Can we talk about how much I love bok choy? I picked it up on a whim and it totally made the dish. I always like it in restaurant stir fries but never think to put it in my own. Totally easy to use too – just clean it like you do celery, cut off the very top part of the leafy green section and stir fry! Great texture!
Topped with green onion and chopped peanuts, this was a FAAABULOUS 10 minute dinner. And that sauce can’t be beat. Peanutty but not too thick since I watered it down. Just the right amount of zip and spice!
In other news, I decided to launch the next giveaway as part of the Month of Holiday Giveaways tomorrow, so tonight, as promised, I’m posting the before and after shots showing the magical properties of The Teaze!!!
I told you several weeks ago about The Teaze Brush – how it’s basically the greatest thing to happen to thin, limp, style-phobic hair since the invention of aqua net. Well, here’s how’s it works…
1. I start with hair that’s been prepped with Pantene Pro-V Triple Action Mousse for Fine Hair and blown dry with a round brush. Unfortunately I have to wash my hair everyday, or it looks wretchedly stringy, otherwise dirty hair would work even better.
2. Take a 1/2 inch – 1 inch section at the crown of your head and tease lightly. Teasing with The Teaze is different than teasing with a regular teasing comb – you want to fluff not comb down hard. Continue until you get all the way to the bottom third of your hair.
3. NOW turn to your regular teasing comb and smooth out the fluff.
Aaaaand, there we go.
4. Now we shallack. I’ve used plenty of expensive hair sprays, but nothing holds better then plain ol’ Suave Maximum Control Hair Spray. I am telling you, my hair would not move in a hurricane. If you’re into that.
Happy, fluffy hair!
I know, I know, it doesn’t look THAT much different than the after but keep in mind:
1. I don’t like my hair TOO high. You saw from how fluffy my hair was that I definitely COULD get it much higher.
2. My hair before teasing would be flat in 3 minutes. My Teazed hair stays poofy all day!
So there you go! Possibly more than you ever wanted to know about my hair, but if it helps even one flat-haired woman – it was worth it!
Whelp, somehow I’ve found myself with a million things to do tonight, so I’ve got to jet. See ya’ tomorrow with my next holiday giveaway! Goodnight!
ps all new House Hunters International this week on HGTV!
pps remember that contest my cousin entered to win an all-expenses paid dream wedding?! HE WON! Wheee! The happy couple will be getting hitched this February – all fo’ free. Niiiice. Thanks so much for voting for him!
ppps if you feel like giving away one more vote – there is less than two weeks left in the Breakstone Blogger Challenge! My Dip, Turkey & Whoopie Pies would sure appreciate your vote!
Ok, that is all.
What beauty/health item do you swear by?