Ben said his favorite thing about being married to a food blogger is all the shipments of food I get in the mail to sample. Not because he also gets to try all the goodies – no – he gets excited when a big brown box appears on the front porch because he gets to play with what the food’s usually packed in.
Because he gets to play MAD SCIENTIST – muwahahaHAHAHAHA!!!
That is pure joy on that man’s face. Pure, unadulterated joy. It certainly never gets boring around here!
ps I cannot WAIT to show you what was inside that box!!!!
In other news, I made the most EPIC salad since my Roasted Vegetable Salad with Balsamic Glaze last Fall. Super Fruit Salad!
The ingredient list is great and includes the juices of grape, cherry, raspberry, pomegranate, cranberry and blueberry. Nice.
I took some inspiration from the ingredients and loaded my salad with sweet & juicy fruits & berries! I started with a giant bowl of mixed greens, then topped them with strawberries,
blueberries, pomegranate arils,
(thanks Trader Joe’s!)
mango and baked tofu seasoned with garlic salt, olive oil and pepper.
I sprinkled the sky-high salad with almonds that I toasted real quick in a skillet with non-stick spray. Makes ALL the difference in its flavor!
Can I eat it yet??
How about now?!?!
Best Salad Ever!!
The dressing was slightly sweet – only slightly. Ben hates sweet food when it should be savory, and even he LOVED this. It was the perfect enhancement to all the sweet flavors in the salad. Refreshing & revitalizing!
That’s just feel good food, no?
And guess what? YOU can feel good too, because Wish-Bone is giving one reader an entire gift basket full of everything you need to build your own salad feast at home, including:
- Superfruit Berry, Bruschetta Italian and Mediterannean Italian Wish-Bone salad dressings
- $25 gift certificate to buy all the salad fixins’ you’ll need
- Salad Spinner
- Salad container to transport your salad!
Enter up to 3 ways by tomorrow, April 1st @ 5pm central. Here’s how:
1. Leave me a comment telling me you favorite way to eat your salad toppings. Eat them first, save them for last, or mix them all in.
2. Click the "Facebook Share" button on the left side of this post, and leave another comment.
3. Click the "Tweet" button on the left side of this post, and leave another comment.
Good luck everyone!