Creamy Artichoke Pasta is quick, simple and addicting. You’ll want to make this easy dinner recipe a weekly staple at your house!
Hiiii, friends. :)
I’ve been a bit of a hot mess today. For some inexplicable reason I didn’t sleep a wink last night and woke up after finally nodding off for mayyybe 2 hours with a terrible migraine. Sad! I’ve been sleeping on the couch for most of the day, but felt well enough to cook up a comforting dinner for two this evening.
This recipe, inspired by The Pioneer Woman, is one of my absolute favorite pasta dishes. In just 20 minutes, a few pantry staples turn into a creamy, cheesy, super-satisfying dinner for two!
Creamy Artichoke Pasta
Creamy Artichoke Pasta is quick, simple and addicting. You'll want to make this easy dinner recipe a weekly staple at your house!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1/2 can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6oz dry long pasta, like fettuccini or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water. Drain and return to the hot pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, salt and pepper, then sauté until slightly softened, ~2 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes into the skillet. Season with a bit more salt and pepper, then cook for 8 minutes, stirring every so often. Add in half & half and chicken broth, then cook for 30 more seconds.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the cooked pasta then add in the tomato artichoke sauce. Stir to combine, and serve!
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Ooooooooo – the parmesan cheese gets chewy & gooey when tossed with the hot pasta and sauce – making it even more thick and creamy. The flavors in the pasta completely melt together and are so satisfying to slurp!
Make sure the “two” of you are both present when you whip this up because you’ll be tempted to eat the entire pot yourself, and nobody wants that to happen…
Especially the person you’re supposed to be sharing it with!
Ok, I’m going to go crawl back into the dark basement. Not only does it block the sunlight that’s hurting my head, but it’s COOL down there. Apparently summer arrived in central Iowa when I was out of town this weekend – we reached 87 degrees today, and are supposed to hit 92 tomorrow.
Have a great night!
What’s your favorite season?
Here’s my order:
4. The season that shall not be named.