Howdy, people. TGIAF! (Thank goodness it’s almost Friday!)
Wait, it’s only Wednesday, isn’t it? Ugh! I’ve been having day later syndrome this entire week! This always seems to happen when holidays are on the horizon. Hollar if you hear me!
Anyways, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, I’ve been working on re-organizing the Recipes section of the blog to make recipes, how-tos and more, easy to search, print, email and share. Well…
It’s finally ready!
- Scrolling slideshow of hand-picked, seasonal/topical recipes. Right now I’m featuring warm, winter soup & stew recipes. Mmm!
- The last 4 recent recipes that I’ve posted.
- A search function for just recipes.
- Ability to browse recipes by cooking method (saute, simmer, grill, etc.) course (entree, dessert, appetizer, etc.) or key ingredient (chicken, apples, chocolate, etc.)
- Ability to browse recipes alphabetically.
Once you’ve found the recipe you’re looking for, you can choose to go back to the post it originally came from, print, email or text the recipe to yourself, friends, family, etc., and/or Pin, Tweet or Like the recipe on Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook!
I’m still going through some posts from 2009, but for the most part all of the complete recipes I’ve ever posted here on IGE are now available in this format. My next task is to go back to the individual posts and put a link to it’s new recipe page. Thinking I’ll save some fun for after the holidays. ;)
Happy (easier) recipe searching! :D
Month of Holiday Giveaways
Before I even get the chance to forget, the winner of the SodaStream Soda Maker Startup Kit (say that 5 times fast!) is…
Shannon: Ginger Ale!! What fun!! My hubby buys bubbly water like it’s going outta style. This would be awesome! :)
Whee! Email your full name, address and ph # to IowaGirlEats@gmail.com, Shannon!
Have a great night everyone!
Are you taking/get any time off for the holidays?