The Sassi di Matera are prehistoric cave dwellings in the Italian town of Matera, and are suspected to be one of the first human settlements in Italy. Homes were carved into rock and passed down from generation to generation. Some people here can say they’re living in the same houses of their ancestors of 9,000 years ago!
My name’s Kristin and I’m an Iowa Girl! I eat as well as I can with a massive sweet tooth, run as often as I can despite the crazy Iowa weather, and am more often than not thinking about the places I want to travel to!
Search Iowa Girl Eats
Subscribe to Daily Posts by Email
Fresh Grilling Recipes
Popular Posts Today
- My Top Secret Diet Weapon
- The Sweet Start of Summer
- P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Chicken with Mom’s Barley Corn Salad
- Friday Favorites
- Inner Goddess Detox Salad
- Summer Dinner Series Day 3: All American Cookout
- Creamy Garlic Shells
- Chicken Fajita Sizzling Salad
- Chick-fil-A Bites with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce