Oh hi, Family Channel!
Turns out the notion of being busy all day but not having much to show for it definitely exists when you have an infant! But, thanks to an unprecedented 2+ hour nap (from the KING of catnaps!) that we’re currently rocking, I’m happy to bring you a highly requested family post – my Baby Registry List!
The thought of registering was one of the most stressful things about preparing for Lincoln’s arrival. I know that sounds crazy, but not having something that he might need when he needed it tore me to shreds. Not to mention, if you don’t have a child the mammoth-sized big brand baby stores are pretty much one of the most intimidating places on earth.
Luckily my super-mom sis-in-law Kerry took me on a test run before Ben and I actually went to register. Together we navigated the aisles and created the list below, which Ben and I used to register in about an hour. Without it I have no doubt that we would have been at it for an entire afternoon.
Again, this list is what we came up with together, along with recommendations from our friends plus some stuff I’ve used over these past 2 months. Before we dive in, here are some tips and notes!
- Register for a variety of items in different price tiers for baby shower purposes. Some people like to come to showers with lots of little things, while others like to bring one big item.
- Don’t worry if you think you forgot something when you register. Most places allow you to add/edit/delete online.
- Assess needs for items like Pack and Plays, bumbos, bassinets, etc. against this list. If you don’t think you’ll need them, don’t register for them!
- Register for more of items like diapers and wipes, as most retailers will send you a coupon after baby is born to purchase the remaining items on your registry at a discount.
- Take or leave specific brand names in here. They are just what we’ve used/liked.
- Don’t stress out too much like I did. Truly for the first few weeks all your baby really needs is a safe place to sleep, clothes, food, diapers, and of course, your love!
The Ultimate Baby Registry List!
- Teething rings
- Soothies pacifiers
- Aden and Anais receiving blankets
- Burp cloths (the thick quilt-looking ones)
- SwaddleMe swaddles
- Bumbo (borrow from a friend if possible)
- Carters Plain Onesies (3/6/9 month sizes)
- Zip up PJs
- Nursing cover
- Nursing bras
- Diaper bag (Skip Hop and JuJuBee are popular)
- Breast pump (check with insurance first to see what they cover/provide)
- Hands-free pumping bra
- Extra pump parts
- Breast milk storage bags (stack better in freezer than bottles)
- 2 nursing pillows (Bobby or My Breast Friend) + 2 covers for each
- Disposable nursing pads
- Washable nursing pads
- Natural cream/balm
Out and About
The first four items listed are baby carriers. Maybe pick 1 or 2 then return what you don’t like.
- Baby K’Tan
- Ergo Baby Carrier
- Baby Bjorn Carrier
- Moby Wrap
- Baby booster seat for restaurants
- Shopping cart cover
- Speed Read brand thermometer
- Nail clippers
- Emery boards
- Boogie wipes
- Saline spray
- Gripe water
- Training tooth brush set
- Infant Tylenol
- A&D Diaper Rash Cream
- Butt Paste (this works wonders)
- Lots of wipes (register for bulk if possible)
- Size #1, 2, 3 – Pampers
- Size #2 & 3 – Huggies Overnights
- Diaper Champ Deluxe (can use any trash can liner)
- Bath supplies (shampoo, body wash, lotions – variety)
- Bath toys
- Wash cloths
- Hooded towels (2 or 3)
- Toy scoop
- Spout cover
- Baby bathtub
- Coolmist humidifier
- Sound machine
- 4 waterproof mattress covers/pads
- 4 fitted crib sheets
- Changing pad
- 4 changing pad covers
- 2-3 sets hangers
- Chicco travel set (car seat/stroller/base in one)
- Extra base for 2nd car
- Head rest mirror (so you can see baby in your rearview mirror)
- Bob Jogging Stroller
- Lightweight umbrella stroller
- Shopping seat cover
Around the House
- Pack & Play
- Swing and/or vibrating chair
- Jumper/bouncy seat/Exer-causer
- Play mat with overhanging toys
- High chair
- Diaper caddy
- Motorola video monitor
- Doorknob covers
- Outlet covers
- Bibs with plastic backing (as opposed to all cloth)
- Junior bib
- Baby food maker
- Baby blocks (hold baby food)
- Fresh Food Feeder (looks like a pacifier with a mesh bag attached)
- Tiny diner mat
- Munchkin Snack Traps
- Advent brand sippy cups with handles on both sides
- Variety of bowls/plates/utensils
- Bottles/Nipples (this is tough b/c different babies have different latching issues/preferences. Suggest getting basic bottles/nipples, and a wide variety of them, then return what baby doesn’t like.)
- Formula dispenser (circle container with 3 chambers)
- Munchkin brand cleaning brush
- Munchkin brand dishwasher basket
- Drying rack