Good morning everyone! Can you believe it’s already Wednesday?! Where does the time go, I ask you!?
After a small hiatus…Green Monsters are back!
Today’s isn’t just any green monster though, this is a green monster with Pumpkin!
As soon as she spotted an open pumpkin can on the blog, reader Tracy emailed to tell me that I MUST try a green monster with pumpkin in it, so I reserved some from earlier this week, and added it in today!
In the mix:
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 T almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 low-fat raspberry yogo
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 handfuls ice
Blend all ingredients through the yogurt, then add in the banana and ice. Blend again and ENJOY! I know I did
What a fab addition Tracy! Not only was my green monster soooo creamy and smooth – I got bonus fiber and vitamins from the pumpkin – sweet!
Lunch will be my spectacular Lemon Pasta with Chicken:
Ben proclaimed this “best chicken ever” last night.
I also packed a Braeburn apple. Thanks for all your Honeycrisp sightings and tips on where to buy them in my area!! I actually have planned a very special fall activity for this weekend to take care of my allllll my Honeycrisp woes
So last night while watching The Biggest Loser, I heard Jillian say something that just knocked my socks off. It’s a mantra that is so simple, but made such a big impression on me.
How is this choice going to get me closer to my goal?
What are your goals?
- Run a marathon?
- Lose weight?
- Save more money?
- Exercise more in the morning?
- Be a better spouse/partner?
- Go back to school?
- Eat less at night?
- Be a better friend?
- Get a promotion at work?
- Worry less?
How are your choices getting you closer to reaching them?
- Are you sticking to your training program when it’d be easier to skip a couple of days?
- Are you saying no to eating that Snickers bar when you know it’s sabotaging your weight loss efforts?
- Are you putting an extra $100 into savings instead of buying that outfit you don’t really need?
- Are you getting out of bed instead of hitting the snooze button every morning?
- Are you compromising more and being stubborn less?
- Are you willing to give up your free time to learn a new skill/trade/profession that you love and will make you happier in the long run?
- Are you “closing” the kitchen after dinner and/or having one planned nightly snack?
- Are you listening more and talking less?
- Are you staying late to help get a big project done?
- Are you giving your life to God knowing that He will provide?
We are solely responsible and reap the consequences, both good and bad, for each and every decision we make.
Are your choices helping or hindering you from achieving your goals?