Petra, an ancient city in Jordan established in prehistoric times, is half built, half carved into rock, and completely surrounded by mountains. It was unknown to the Western world until it was introduced to Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt in 1812, and if there is one place I must see before I die, this might just be it! (source)
My name’s Kristin and I’m an Iowa Girl! I eat as well as I can with a massive sweet tooth, run as often as I can despite the crazy Iowa weather, and am more often than not thinking about the places I want to travel to!
Search Iowa Girl Eats
Subscribe to Daily Posts by Email
Fresh Grilling Recipes
Popular Posts Today
- 20 Favorite Memorial Day Recipes
- Grilled Potato Packs + Kitchen Makeover Reveal!
- My Top Secret Diet Weapon
- Chili-Lime Shrimp Bowls with Black Bean-Mango Salsa
- The Best Fruit Dip EVER
- No-Bake Strawberry Lemonade Bites
- The Best Baked Beans. Ever.
- Grilled Chicken with Mom’s Barley Corn Salad
- P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad