Good morning! Can you even believe it’s Thursday already?! Has your week gone by quickly, or is it draaaaaaagging on?! Mine has absolutely flown by – I think it’s because I’ve been so busy!
This morning I could not cool down after my morning mom walk…that’s me politely saying – I can’t stop sweating :( It’s officially summer in Iowa!! I, however, I am so dedicated to my breakfast that I worked through the sweat and had Maple Almond Banana Nut Oatmeal!
In the mix:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oate
- 1/2 cup each milk and water
- almond extract
- toasted coconut and almonds
- sugar-free maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon sugar (I couldn’t resist!)
So it’s not too different than my regular bowl of oatmeal, but sometimes making up fancy names for your meals can be fun :)
Almond extract has such an incredible flavor – you seriously only need like three drops and the smell hits you as soon as you drip it into the hot oatmeal. Dare I say I like it better than vanilla extract?!
Look at that oatmeal basking in the morning sun…wish I could bask in the sun all day!
For lunch today I packed a vegetarian version of last nights marinated and grilled chicken salad with pineapple pico de gallo – it had everything but the chicken. Sorry chicken, you just didn’t make the cut today. Not because I didn’t love you though…
This pico de gallo is seriously da-bomb! Would you guys like a recipe?
Yes, that’s an old butter dish (I recycle!) and it’s filled to the top with pico – I fully intend to eat it all. :D I also poured some Drunkin’ Priest Dippin’ Sauce in there for my dressing!
I also packed some fresh watermelon.
Look at that pink color – isn’t it beautiful?!
So last night I was still hungry about an hour after I ate dinner, so I whipped out a new flavor of CLIF Bar to try – White Chocolate Macadamia Nut! OMG – chalk this one right up there with the Chocolate Brownie flavor as some good eats people! The WCMN bar was perfectly sweet and chewy – and had big white chocolate chunks mixed in throughout the bar.
It was the absolute perfect way to end my night – I will definitely be buying more of this flavor!
Well my friends, it’s that time…three question Thursday time!! By the way, if you ever have a question that you are dying for the group to answer, email me! Today’s questions:
- What’s your favorite season?
- What was your favorite television show growing up?
- Where/how do you want to retire?
- Yep, I’m going to go ahead and say it…Fall. I LOVE summer – but the sight of golden leaves, the smell of apple crisp and the feeling of warm sweaters really just warms my heart :)
- Saved by the Bell and Wonder Years…no doubt about it!
- I want to retire to a cruise ship and travel around the world until the end of my days. Ben’s only agreed to one year at this point :( I guess I’ve got about 40 years to work on him though!!
Let’s hear it friends – Happy Thursday!