I’m on a roll, people!
Monday: Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Tuesday: Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal
Today: Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal…with a bruleed top!
- 1/3 cup each of old fashioned oats, skim milk & water
- 1 banana (1/2 mashed, 1/2 sliced & reserved)
- splash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- sprinkle of raisins & chopped walnuts
- sprinkle of cinnamon sugar (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Combine ingredients from oats to walnuts, and pour into an oven safe dish.
2. Arrange reserved banana slices on top and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Remove dish from oven and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar. Place under broiler until golden brown. Serve immediately or store in the fridge overnight and microwave for 1.5 minutes in the morning.
Confession: I tasted this last night! It smelled so good and tasted even better! I have no regrets. :)
This baked oatmeal channeled banana bread in the most incredible way. The sweet banana, pop of the raisins and the crunch of the walnuts were unmistakable.
The cinnamon-sugar melted under the broiler and created a shiny, chewy, crunchy bruleed top that was unbelievable. Baked oatmeal experimentation is getting gooooood. :)
What will she come up with next? I’ve come this far, so I feel like I should finish up the week with two more baked oatmeal recipes. I’ve got one more idea up my sleeve and two more days to brainstorm the other one. Baked oatmeal thinking cap firmly in place starting…now.
Sooo, is it deja Vu? Nope, it’s leftovers for lunch!
My Lemon Tuna Noodle Casserole was really filling last night, so I saved my salad to bring today.
I can’t tell you enough how tasty this tuna noodle casserole is. I’m not a canned tuna kind of gal either – this is really the only way I can eat it! And I’m happy to do so :)
Looking back – all of my breakfasts so far this week have channeled some of my favorite desserts! What can I say, I know what I like. ;)
Have a happy Hump Day everyone!
Does it feel like Thursday to you?
Tell me about your favorite dessert!
Mine’s warm, gooey, creamy, crunchy and cinnamony…it’s Caramel Apple Crisp! Which Granite City happened to perfectly re-create on Friday night. YuuUUUUuum!