You’ve heard the expression “tastes like a million bucks,” right? Well the cookies I made last night not only taste like a million bucks…they’re also worth a million bucks!
I’ll never forget the first time I bit into a Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookie. I was at my parent’s house last year, saw some freshly baked peanut butter cookies sitting out and naturally, I grabbed one! I bit in expecting your average, peanut butter cookie – crunchy sugar coating, doughy inside and that classic peanutty taste. Imagine my delight when I tasted all of these things – wrapped around a creamy, ooey-gooey, peanut butter center!
These Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies won the $1,000,000 grand prize at the 2008 Pillsbury Bake-off Contest and I can taste every penny. :)
Double-Delight Peanut Butter CookiesPillsbury 2008 Bake-Off Contest Winning Recipe by Carolyn Gurtz
1/4 cup Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
3. Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
4. Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
Optional: Dunk pretzels in peanut butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar, peanut topping. ;)
5. Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.
Enjoy to the last crumb!