Learn what you really need for a new baby (and what you don’t!) with my Ultimate Baby Registry List.
The thought of creating a baby registry list was one of the most stressful things about preparing for Lincoln’s arrival. I know that sounds crazy, but the thought of not having something he might need, when he needed it, tore me to shreds. Not to mention the big box baby stores are just about the most confusing places on earth if you don’t already have a child!
Luckily my super-mom, sis-in-law took me on a test run before Ben and I went to create our baby registry, and together we created the list below. Ben and I registered in about an hour with this list. Without it, I have no doubt we would have been there all day.
Before we dive in, here are some tips and notes!
- Register for a variety of items in different price tiers for baby shower purposes. Some people like to come to showers with lots of little things, while others like to bring one big item.
- Don’t worry if you think you forgot something when you register. Most places allow you to add/edit/delete online.
- Assess needs for items like Pack and Plays, bumbos, bassinets, etc. against this list. If you don’t think you’ll need them, don’t register for them!
- Register for more of items like diapers and wipes, as most retailers will send you a coupon after baby is born to purchase the remaining items on your registry at a discount.
- Don’t stress out too much like I did. Truly for the first few weeks all your baby really needs is a safe place to sleep, clothes, food, diapers, and of course, your love!
Edited 7/17 to add: I’ve added links to specific products we’ve loved for our two boys over the past four years!
- Teething rings
- Aden and Anais receiving blankets
- Burp cloths (the thick quilt-looking ones)
- SwaddleMe swaddles
- Carters Plain Onesies (3/6/9 month sizes)
- Zip up PJs (avoid buttons if possible!)
- Nursing cover
- Nursing bras
- Diaper bag (Skip Hop and JuJuBee are popular)
- Breast pump (check with insurance first to see what they cover/provide)
- Hands-free pumping bra
- Extra pump parts
- Breast milk storage bags (stack better in freezer than bottles)
- Boppy or My Breast Friend nursing pillows + 1 extra cover for each
- Disposable nursing pads
- Washable nursing pads
- Nipple cream/balm
Out and About
- Digital thermometer
- Nail clippers
- Emery boards
- Saline spray
- Gripe water
- Training tooth brush set
- Infant Tylenol
- A&D Diaper Rash Cream
- Butt Paste
- Fragrance-free wipes
- Size #1, 2, 3 – Diapers
- Size #2 & 3 – Overnight diapers
- Diaper Champ Deluxe (can use any trash can liner)
- Bath supplies (shampoo, body wash, lotions – variety)
- Bath toys
- Wash cloths
- Hooded towel x2
- Toy scoop
- Spout cover
- Infant bathtub
- Coolmist humidifier
- Sound machine
- 4 waterproof mattress covers/pads
- 4 fitted crib sheets
- Changing pad
- 4 changing pad covers
- 2-3 sets hangers
- Chicco travel system (car seat/stroller/base in one)
- Extra base
- Head rest mirror
- Bob Jogging Stroller
- Lightweight umbrella stroller
- Shopping seat cover
Around the House
- Pack ‘n Play
- Rock ‘n’ Play Sleeper
- Vibrating chair/Bouncer
- Floor Seat
- Play Mat
- High chair
- Booster Seat
- Diaper caddy
- Silicone bibs
- Baby food maker
- Fresh Food Feeder (looks like a pacifier with a mesh bag attached)
- Tiny diner mat
- Munchkin Snack Traps
- Advent brand sippy cups with handles on both sides
- Variety of bowls/plates/utensils
- Bottles/Nipples (this is tough b/c different babies have different latching issues/preferences. Suggest getting basic bottles/nipples, and a wide variety of them, then return what baby doesn’t like.)
- Formula dispenser (circle container with 3 chambers)
- Munchkin brand cleaning brush
- Dishwasher basket
- Bottle warmer
- Drying rack