Pie for breakfast – it’s possible! Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats are creamy and decadent, yet guilt-free.
I slept 10 hours last night! It was amazing and left me feeling like this:
aka bright eyed and bushy tailed. Also kind of feeling like a sailor in my blue & white stripes and red scarf…or is that Frenchman…either way I feel good. :)
After blogging last night, I laid down to watch a show on English castles (I know) and feel asleep until 8:00. I got up and went straight to bed. Glorious! I didn’t even realize I was that tired until my body literally shut down on the couch – I was asleep in two minutes. It just goes to show you that your body will always tell you what you need – you just have to listen! :D
In breakfast news – I had Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats!
On a placemat that is reminding me of our Spring Break destination…and it’s not the Caribbean. :)
In the mix:
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 1 fat-free French Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
- 1 sliced banana
- sliced almonds
Mix, refrigerate, dine in the a.m.
Seriously – this bowl is HUGE!! It took me almost 30 minutes to eat last time. I am a total volume eater, so this breakfast is just great for me. Tons of food, not a ridiculous amount of calories and hardly any fat (except good fat from the almonds.) Nice!
Lunch is perhaps my craziest Kitchen Sink Salad combo…mmm, ever!
In the mix:
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby carrots
- Roasted asparagus
- Colby jack cheese
Sorry pickle haters – I just can’t get enough of them! So much so, that I have to include them in my salads.
Drizzled with this EVOO Italian Vinaigrette salad dressing – which, on its own, is not that fantastic but when mixed with a splash of balsamic vinegar, is really good! Takes away that “bottled” dressing taste.
Oh, and a Pink Lady Apple that has definitely seen smoother days! ;)
So, a couple of people have asked me recently about my schedule. What time I go to bed, wake up, blog, workout, etc. Well, let me just take you through a typical day in the life of IGE!
Night before: Get lunch ready, pre-make breakfast (if applicable), put gym bag in the car.
5:30: Alarm goes off – snooze for 10
5:40 – 6:30: Shower, hair, makeup, dress
6:30 – 7:15: Eat breakfast and blog
7:15 – 7:30: Drive to and arrive at work
12:00: LUNCH! :D
2:00: SNACK! :D (it’s the little things that get you through the day!)
4:05: Head to the gym (I use the one at work) and get changed
4:15 – 5:00: Workout
5:30: Arrive home and shower
5:50 – 6:30: Make dinner and eat with Ben
6:30 – 7:00: Blog while Ben cleans up
7:00: Free time!
8:00 7:45: Snack ;)
Time Management tips:
- Take an hour or two on Sundays to start preparing dinners for the week by:
- Chopping veggies
- Roasting chicken
- Cooking quinoa/couscous/brown rice type foods
- Making chili/soups
- Getting things out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge
- Multi task! I marinade stuff or roast my veggies/chicken in the oven while I’m taking a shower after working out.
- Do what you can to prepare things ahead of time, like:
- Packing your lunch and pre-making breakfast before bed
- Putting your gym bag in the car the night before
- Picking out your outfit the night before
- Putting your shoes by the door so you don’t have to dig for them in the morning
- Ask for help. If I’m feeling rushed or have all burners going on the stove at once, I have Ben stir one pot while I watch another, etc. Plus, it’s fun to have your mate/kids/friends in the kitchen!
- Go to bed at a reasonable time. You can’t expect to get up early if you don’t go to bed early!
So there you have it – that’s a typical day in the life of IGE. :D What do you think?
Does your schedule look anything like mine?
Where are the biggest differences?
What are some of your favorite time management tips?