Everyone, meet your new, go-to summer drink – Boozy Frosé. Boozy Frosé, meet everyone.
“Hiiii Boozy Frosé!”
Now that introductions are out of the way, ummm, you guys – BOOZY FROSÉ! Ok, ok – let me back up. What the heck is Frosé? Lightly sweetened frozen Rosé wine. What makes it boozy? Vodka. Who’s going to love it? EVERYONE!
Like pretty much everything in my life, I’m a year+ behind the times in terms of trends – drink trends, in this case. Frosé became an internet sensation a few summers but it’s just now being cranked out in my Iowa kitchen. Story of my life. That said, we’re going with “better late than never” here – emphasis on BETTER since hello! Vodka! – because this simple, 3-ingredient cocktail recipe has been blended up a bunch of times at my house over the past few weeks and there’s no end in sight.
What to know about Boozy Frosé:
- It’s easy. Freeze wine then blend with vodka and strawberry simple syrup. Boom.
- It’s wine-based. If you don’t like Rosé wine, you probably won’t like Boozy Frosé. If you DO like wine (my people,) you will love this cocktail.
- It’s NOT sweet. Although it looks like some sort of daiquiri or margarita, this frozen cocktail is essentially just blended frozen wine and vodka.
How to Make Boozy Frosé:
One thing you need to do is plan ahead for these babies. The night before you want to enjoy Boozy Frosé, pour 1 bottle Rosé wine into a gallon Ziplock bag set inside a dish (in case of leaks,) and freeze overnight. Because of the alcohol in the wine, it will not freeze solid. Also, look for a Rosé that’s darker in color as wine tends to lose a little bit of flavor once frozen.
Next make the strawberry simple syrup. In a mason jar (or glass bowl or saucepan,) combine 1/2 cup each water and sugar then microwave until bubbling, 1-1/2 minutes. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then carefully add 1 cup chopped strawberries and refrigerate overnight. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and voila – strawberry simple syrup!
Time to drink! Add the frozen wine to a blender with 1/4 cup vodka plus 4 Tablespoons strawberry simple syrup (or more or less.) Blend until smooth then taste and add more simple syrup if desired. Note: once the Frosé starts to melt the sweetness intensifies, plus the sweetness intensifies once you’ve had a drink, so add more syrup sparingly.
Pour into glasses, stick a straw inside, and get to sippin’, my friend! I hope you love this fun and frosty frozen cocktail – enjoy!
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Boozy Frosé is a summery slushie that's cold and refreshing - and for adults only! This easy cocktail recipe will be a hit at happy hour.
- 1 bottle rosé wine (the darker the color the better)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 4-6 Tablespoons strawberry simple syrup
- For the strawberry simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Pour the wine into a gallon ziplock bag set inside a dish then freeze overnight (wine doesn't freeze solid so don't be concerned if yours is a little slushy.)
- For the strawberry simple syrup: Combine water and sugar in a mason jar then microwave until boiling, 1-1/2 minutes. Stir until sugar dissolves then add strawberries and chill in the refrigerator overnight. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into another jar or measuring cup then discard strawberries.
- Add wine, vodka, and strawberry simple syrup (start with 4 Tablespoons then add more if you like) to a blender then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.