Bake these sweet, pumpkin-spiced, 2-bite treats this Fall, or anytime!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are luscious, cakey cookie sandwiches — the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pumpkin puree, sour cream, egg and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in three batches, being careful not to over mix.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon batter onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. Let cookies cool for one minute on the cookie sheet then remove to a cooling rack.
- Pipe cinnamon cream cheese frosting between two cooled cookie halves and sandwich together.
- To make cream cheese frosting: cream 1/4 cup softened butter, 4oz cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Gradually mix in 2-3 cups powdered sugar until desired consistency of frosting is achieved.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Ben loathes pumpkin flavored desserts (I’ll never understand it) but the first time I made these I caught him popping multi whoopie pies when he thought I wasn’t looking…busted! Hope you enjoy too!