Got a party, potluck, or book club meeting on the calendar? Trust me when I tell you that Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Drizzle are going to be the hit of your get together!
Mini mozzarella cheese balls are skewered with sweet basil leaves and juicy cherry tomatoes then drizzled with tangy-sweet balsamic reduction to create this perfectly poppable appetizer. They will FLY off the platter.
This healthy appetizer “recipe” (if you can really call it that – they’re so easy!) can be made a few hours ahead of time, though save the balsamic drizzle for when you’re ready to party. I’ll show you!
How to Make Caprese Skewers
To make a platter for entertaining you’ll need grape or cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and fresh mini mozzarella balls. You can find mini cheese balls in most grocery stores these days. If not, just cut a large ball of fresh mozzarella into bite-sized pieces.
Layer a mini cheese ball onto a toothpick followed by a fresh basil leaf (fold in half if large,) and half a cherry tomato.
So cute, right?!
While you’re assembling the skewers, pour 1 cup balsamic vinegar into a saucepan then let it simmer for 10 minutes, or until it’s the consistency of maple syrup. After it’s cooled and thickened slightly, drizzle all over the Caprese Skewers. If I’m feeling lazy, I LOVE this store-bought balsamic reduction!
More Caprese Recipes You’ll Love
- Sweet Corn Caprese Salad
- Peach Caprese Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Avocado and Chicken Caprese Salad
- Caprese Lasagna with Spicy Turkey Sausag
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Drizzle
Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Drizzle are a quick and healthy, fresh and fabulous appetizer recipe! Easy to assemble, and perfectly poppable.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- mini mozzarella cheese balls (could use regular sized ball cut into bite-sized pieces)
- fresh basil leaves, cut in half if large
- salt and pepper
- Bring balsamic vinegar up to a boil in a saucepan, then lower heat to medium and simmer until it's the consistency of very thin maple syrup, about 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Thread a mini mozzarella cheese ball, basil leaf (fold in half if large) and a tomato half onto a tooth pick. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then drizzle cooled balsamic reduction on top.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.