Craving the simplicity of a salad, but the satisfaction of a burger? Combine the two into Chicken Caesar Burgers! These juicy, easy, sizzling burgers are OVER THE TOP delicious – and easy, too!
Ground chicken is spiced with classic caesar salad flavors like parmesan cheese, caesar salad dressing, worcestershire sauce, and fresh lemon juice, then shaped into patties and tossed onto a smoky grill. Topped with fresh ingredients like romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions, this is one tasty, salad-inspired burger!
Start with 1lb ground chicken. I prefer using 95/5 ground chicken, as the fat adds flavor and juiciness to the burger, though you can use 99% fat free ground chicken breast too.
Add the ground chicken to a large mixing bowl with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoon bread crumbs. I use pulverized rice Chex as gluten free bread crumbs, though if you don’t need to eat gluten free you can use panko or regular, unseasoned bread crumbs.
Next add 3 minced garlic cloves and 2 Tablespoons caesar salad dressing.
I have always loved this Brianna’s Homestyle Caesar dressing. It’s thick, creamy, and the flavor is super concentrated. Yummy!
Finally add 1 Tablespoon each Worcestershire sauce and fresh lemon juice.
Mix everything together until just combined then shape into 4 patties.
Brush the tops with extra virgin olive oil (or spray with nonstick spray) then grill for 4-5 minutes per side over medium heat, brushing the tops with more oil before flipping. Alternatively you can cook these in a skillet indoors.
Give your buns a nice toast on the grill (heh) then place a patty on top and dress up with more dressing, romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and red onion. Open wiiiide….!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Chicken Caesar Burgers
Chicken Caesar Burgers have all the flavor of the classic salad in burger form!
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs, any kind
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons caesar salad dressing
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sace
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 buns
- Toppings: romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions, extra dressing
- Combine chicken, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, caesar dressing, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and pepper in a large bowl then form into 4 patties. Brush tops with extra virgin olive oil, or spray with nonstick spray, then grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes a side, brushing tops with oil (or spraying with nonstick spray) before flipping. Serve with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and extra caesar dressing.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Juicy, smokey, savory, this is such a fun twist on the flavors of a classic caesar salad. Enjoy!