If you’re like me and want to hang on to summer for just a tiiiiny bit longer, trust me when I tell that devouring a giant plate of Garlic Herb Butter Pasta with Easy Roasted Shrimp is the best way to do it.
This fresh and light dish is perfect for this time of year. A swirl of comforting, garlic-butter noodles tossed with fresh, summery herbs brings the best of both worlds!
This 30 minute dish made with fridge, pantry, and garden staples is extraordinary not only because it’s so. insanely. simple. but also because it’s so. insanely. good. What can I say, garlic herb butter tends to accomplish that task!
I know 99% of the things kids say are only funny to their parents, but I think it’s worth telling you that Lincoln loved this dish and has requested “na&ed scooti” (aka spaghetti with no visible sauce,) like, five times since I last made this for the family. I used vegan butter because of his dairy allergy and scooped out some of the pasta before tossing the rest with herbs. A meal we can all eat and enjoy is a good one indeed!
How to Make This Recipe
Start by making the easy roasted shrimp (emphasis on the EASY part!)
Pat 1lb jumbo shrimp (16/20 count) that have been peeled and deveined very dry on paper towels then add them to a half sheet pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, dried basil, dried parsley, and garlic powder.
Toss with your fingers to coat then spread out on the baking sheet and roast for 8-9 minutes at 400 degrees. Shrimp = DONE!
Right after popping the shrimp in the oven, drop gluten free spaghetti (or regular if you don’t need to eat GF) into salted, boiling water then cook until al dente and drain.
When the pasta has 2 minutes left until al dente, melt butter + extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add freshly minced garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 seconds – 1 minute, trying not to pass out from the unmatched blissful scent that is garlic sautéing in butter – swoon!
Once the garlic is golden brown, add the drained pasta plus finely minced fresh herbs. I used an equal combination of parsley, basil, and chopped chives. Toss the ingredients together then season with salt to taste before swirling onto plates.
Top with the roasted shrimp, and dinner is served! I hope you enjoy this simple yet luscious pasta dish – enjoy!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Garlic Herb Butter Pasta with Easy Roasted Shrimp
Garlic Herb Butter Pasta with Easy Roasted Shrimp is a simple yet elegant dinner recipe that will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1lb 16/20 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined then patted very dry
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 12oz gluten-free spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (I used an equal mix of parsley, basil, and chives)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then lightly spray a half baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place shrimp on the baking sheet then add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, dried basil, dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss with your fingers to coat. Spread shrimp out on the baking sheet then set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil then generously salt the boiling water. Add pasta to the pot then cook until al dente and drain. At the same time, place shrimp into the oven to roast for 8-9 minutes or until cooked through.
- When pasta has 2 minutes left until al dente, melt butter and remaining 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic then saute until light golden brown, 30 seconds. Add drained pasta and herbs then toss to coat. Taste then add salt if necessary. Divide pasta between plates then top with shrimp and serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.