Need a super quick meal that’s light yet filling, easy and tasty? I’ve got you covered with may-free Honey Roasted Chicken Salad!
Honey Roasted Chicken Salad is filled with fun flavors and textures like snappy grapes, crisp celery, crunchy almonds, and shredded chicken. The salad is mixed with a light dressing of plain Greek yogurt swirled with honey and Dijon mustard, that was inspired by my Chick-fil-A Chicken Bites’ honey mustard dipping sauce (which, as you may recall, I semi wanted to spoon-drink?!)
Awkward dressing-drinking urges aside, Honey Roasted Chicken Salad is awesome to make for a quick and easy lunch, or enjoy as a light and fresh supper with tons of dunkers and dippers to scoop it up with!
Start by poaching 1 large chicken breast in boiling water for 6-7 minutes. To see if it’s done, I usually pull the breast out with tongs, then cut into the thickest part with a knife. Once the chicken is cooked through, pull it out, let it cool slightly, then shred it all up.
Meanwhile, combine 3/4 cup halved red grapes with 2 stalks celery diced fairly small.
Add 1/3 cup honey roasted almonds that have been roughly chopped or plain sliced almonds if you prefer.
Next, mix together the dressing for the chicken salad, starting with 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt as the base. Greek yogurt is much lower in calories than mayo, which is what traditional chicken salads use, plus it’s packed with protein and has a cool, slightly tangy flavor.
Stir 1-1/2 teaspoons each Djion mustard and honey into the yogurt then season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the chicken, grapes, celery, and honey-roasted almonds, then season with more salt & pepper, and mix it all up.
Serve Honey Roasted Chicken Salad in a variety of ways, from sandwiching between toasted bread, piling on top of crunchy romaine lettuce, or scooping up with fresh apples and crackers!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Honey Roasted Chicken Salad (Mayo Free!)
Honey Roasted Chicken Salad is light and refreshing with a tasty, honey-roasted twist. Mayo free, too!
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3/4 cup red grape halves
- 2 ribs celery, diced small
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds OR honey-roasted almonds if dish does not need to be gluten-free
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Poach chicken breast in boiling water until cooked all the way through, about 6-7 minutes. Remove to a plate and let cool slightly, then shred by hand. Mix with red grapes, celery, and almonds.
- Stir together Greek yogurt, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and mix well, then season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve between toasted bread slices, on a salad, in pita bread, or scooped with crackers and fruit.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Sometimes I like big tasting platters for dinner vs one portion of this, that, or the other. It’s fun to experiment with different flavor combos, plus, how you gonna hate on anything with the word “platter” in the description?