Follow this easy tutorial for How to Cut a Watermelon and enjoy the sweet and juicy treat all season long.
Happy official first day of summer!
The watermelon around here is already super sweet and juicy so I thought I’d teach you how to cut it into slices and cubes, perfect for popping.
Here’s how to cut a watermelon:
1. Wash and place your watermelon on a large cutting board.
Tip: I usually pick a watermelon with the biggest yellow spot I can find on the bottom. This means it’s been sitting in the sun the longest, and is therefore the ripest and sweetest.
2. With a large, sharp knife, slice the watermelon in half lengthwise.
3. Cut each half in half again lengthwise, so you have four quarters.
4. Cut the quarters into slices.
At this point, you could leave the wedges intact – perfect for party platters, etc – or go a step further and cut it up into cubes.
5. Slice the rind off, then cut into cubes.