Do you remember – way back in February – when I entered my Thai Tofu Pizza in a recipe contest, crossed my fingers, and hoped for the best?!
I flipping WON.
It’s true!!! I won the Nasoya Tofu Recipe Contest!! I got an email last month telling me that my Thai Tofu Pizza had been selected as the grand prize winner, and I’m all – exsqueeeze me? I never win anything, you see, and I’m pretty sure I squealed audibly when I read it. Ahhh!!
A lot of you asked for the recipe the first time I made it, and now I’m able to share – whee!
Thai Tofu Pizza
1 12″ pre-made pizza crust (or homemade)
1 recipe peanut sauce (see below)
1/2 block extra firm Nasoya tofu, pressed and crumbled
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
2 sliced green onions
2 Tablespoons chopped mango
2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
3 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon water
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (could use siracha)
1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons peanut sauce with the crumbled tofu, then sauté on medium heat until lightly colored, ~5 minutes.
- Spread remaining sauce onto pizza crust, then top with tofu, cheese, broccoli and green onions. Bake according to package directions, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Top with mango, peanuts & cilantro. DIG. IN!
I love this pizza!!!!