Anyone mind if we start with the most important course first? You know, dessert?
Ben emailed me this afternoon with a very important message. “I have saved you a brownie.”
To which I replied “WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”
His response back? “Real good brownie too… I didn’t even take a bite”
To which I asked “How do you know it’s real good if you didn’t take a bite?!”
I haven’t heard back. Bahahahaha!
I’ve waxed poetic about Ben a zillion times on this blog. Somehow the kindest, most thoughtful man picked me to marry, and I love him for a million different reasons. One of them being, of course, that he saves nibbled-on brownies from work, then brings them home to me. ;)
Since my sweetie is working late tonight, I thought I’d return the favor and have his favorite dessert waiting for him when he gets home. Individual Apple Crisp.
And I put toffee bits in the crisp!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Individual Toffee Apple Crisp
Individual Toffee Apple Crisp is sweet, and decadent yet perfectly portion controlled!
- 1 small apple
- 1/8 teaspoon each flour, sugar & cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon old fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel then chop apple into small, 1/4" cubes. Toss with flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, then pour into a non-stick sprayed, individual-sized baking dish.
- In the same bowl combine brown sugar, oats, flour, cold butter and toffee bits. Smush with your fingers until butter is well distributed among the ingredients. Top apples with the mixture and bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp is golden brown.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Ok, let’s be honest…I made an individual-sized serving for myself too. I had to let you know what it tasted like, right?! It was perhaps THE best apple crisp I have ever made. The toffee bits turned caramel-y and chewy as they baked. And it clocked in at under 250 ultra-satisfying calories. Sweet!