Ok you guys, I waited as long as possible to post a pumpkin recipe, as I know you’ve been bombarded with them on the internets for the past 2+ months. The time has officially arrived though and I’m oh-so-glad because Mini Pumpkin Sticky Buns might be one of my favorite pumpkin recipes to date.
These babies are LUSCIOUS.
Mini Pumpkin Sticky Buns are so easy and inspired by one of the most popular recipes on IGE to date, Mini Cinnamon Rolls. Crescent roll dough is slathered with fall-spiced pumpkin butter then rolled, sliced, and set on top of a sticky topping made with butter, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. After baking for just 8 minutes, they’re inverted onto a serving tray and devoured.
I won’t even tell you how many of these 2-bite delights I ate warm out of the oven. It’s too shameful. They’re absolutely irresistible…and so dang cute!
Make these mini sticky buns anytime you need a sweet, fall treat. Which basically translates to any day ending in a -y. Amiright?
As if the flavor wasn’t reason enough to make these mini buns, the recipe only calls for 5 ingredients.
Start by making the sticky bun glaze. Roughly chop 1/4 cup pecan halves then place them into a bowl. I used my Pampered Chef Quick Chop to quickly give the pecans a rough chop. Love that thing for grinding out everything from nuts to garlic, plus it’s dishwasher safe. Holll-arrrr.
Combine the nuts with 6 Tablespoons each butter and brown sugar, then mix into a paste.
Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the mixture into 16 mini muffin tin cups that have been sprayed very well with nonstick spray. Let’s not even discuss the shape my mini muffin tin is in, mmkay?
Next roll out the dough for the sticky buns. Crescent Seamless Dough Sheets work perfect for this, but if you can’t find them just pinch together the seams of a regular tube of crescent rolls.
Lightly roll the dough out until it’s even, then spread 5 Tablespoons Pumpkin Butter over the entire thing, leaving 1/2″ clear around the top and bottom edges. I got this pumpkin butter at Trader Joe’s.
Roll the dough up…
Then slice into 16 slices. I find a serrated knife works great, but you could use dental floss, too!
Pop a slice into each mini muffin tin cup over the butter/sugar/pecan mixture, then bake for 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees.
Edited to add: some people have had issues with the butter/sugar overflowing (I’ve made several batches and have not had a problem) but to be safe, place the mini muffin tin on top of a foil-lined baking sheet before baking!
Let the Mini Pumpkin Sticky Buns cool for 2 minutes then place a platter on top and invert. The sticky topping will cascade all over the top, and you will squeal with delight!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Mini Pumpkin Sticky Buns
Mini Pumpkin Sticky Buns are inspired by one of the most popular recipes here on IGE, Mini Cinnamon Rolls. Sticky-sweet perfection!
- 6 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan halvess, chopped
- 8oz Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough Sheet
- 5 Tablespoons pumpkin butter (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then spray a mini muffin tin well with nonstick spray. Add butter, brown sugar, and pecans to a small bowl then stir to combine. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the mixture into 16 mini muffin tin cups.
- Unroll seamless dough sheet on a clean surface then lightly roll into a 1/4" thick rectangle (shouldn't have to roll very much.) Spread pumpkin butter over entire sheet, leaving a small amount of dough clear at the top and bottom edges. Roll the dough from the long side down then slice into 16 slices with a serrated knife. Place each slice into a mini muffin tin cup on top of the butter/sugar/pecan mixture.
- Place mini muffin tin on top of a foil-lined baking sheet then bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for 2 minutes then place a serving platter on top of the muffin tin and invert. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Have a friend or family member nearby when you pull these sticky buns out of the oven. They are incredible easy to just pop, pop, pop (I speak from experience!) Enjoy!