Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to grab an apple, graham cracker, spoon, ladle, shovel, backhoe – ie the largest object you can find – to scoop and transport Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip directly into your mouth. Trust me, you’re going to want it for DEVOURING this festive fall dip!
To say I’m excited to share this recipe with you today is an understatement. I was so pumped about how well it turned out that I misplaced my camera for 30 agonizing hours almost immediately following the photoshoot. And by almost immediately following the photoshoot I of course mean after shoveling Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip into my mouth via graham cracker for a good seven minutes after taking the photos. This dip made me lose my wits!
Lucky for you and me, but mostly me, nobody broke into our home and stole my camera, leaving all our other valuable possessions in place (the scenario I settled on around hour 27 of camera-gate.) Ben finally found the stupid thing under the duvet at the foot of our bed (get your mind out of the gutter) which means two things:
- I’m *officially* losing my mind, and
- I’m able to share this delicious, no-bake dip recipe with you today!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is going to become your new favorite fall recipe of all time. Three ingredients – cream cheese, caramel sauce, and whipped topping – are combined to create a whippy, caramel cheesecake dip that’s the definition of divine when scooped onto a fresh apple slice or crunchy graham cracker.
This is a recipe that I knew would be good – but turned out GREAT.
I’d been thinking about making sliced caramel apples versus whole caramel apples as a fun treat for apple-season but then remembered that I kind of hate caramel apples (except when booze is involved, of course!) The idea of caramel apples is fun, but sticky fingers, faces, and teeth, well…aren’t! This dip gives you all the flavor of caramel apples, plus the luxuriousness of cheesecake, without the need for a wet wipe or dental exam. I can’t WAIT for you to try it.
How to Make This Recipe
Start by making the easy caramel sauce, which is the same one I used in my Caramel Apple Crisp that so many of you have made and adored! If you want to buy the sauce instead of make it be sure to pick up caramel SAUCE versus caramel DIP, as the latter will be too thick.
If you’re going the homemade route, add brown sugar, half & half, butter, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat while stirring constantly then turn the heat down and simmer while stirring until the caramel has thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla then continue to simmer for 2 more minutes.
Set the caramel aside to cool – you can make it a day or two (or three or four) ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, then microwave for 20-30 seconds to make it warm pliable, but not hot.
Reserve 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce to drizzle on top of the finished dip then add the rest to a large bowl with 1/3 less fat cream cheese that’s been softened to room temperature. Whisk until smooth then fold in whipped topping.
I recommend SoDelicious coconut-based whipped topping, even if you’re able to eat dairy – unless of course you are allergic to coconut. The ingredient list is much better than other whipped toppings plus it add a great flavor to the dip.
Refrigerate the dip until completely chilled (at least 2 hours or overnight) then scoop into a big serving bowl and drizzle with the reserved caramel plus crushed graham crackers for a little flair. Serve with fresh apple slices and graham crackers then go to town! I hope you LOVE this luscious, yummy fall dip recipe – enjoy!
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is absolutely luscious! Dip into this whippy, 3-ingredient dip recipe with fresh apples and graham crackers. It is such a treat!
- 8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 9oz SoDelicious CoCoWhip Topping
- sliced apples
- graham crackers
- For the Caramel Sauce (makes ~1 cup):
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup butter
- dash of salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar, half and half, butter and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly then turn heat down slightly and continue simmering while stirring until mixture has thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla then continue to simmer while stirring for 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool completely - can be done ahead of time.
- Reserve 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce for topping the dip with, then add 1 cup caramel sauce to a large bowl with cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping then fold with a spatula to combine. Refrigerate dip until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Scoop dip into a serving bowl then top with reserved caramel sauce and crushed graham crackers (optional) then serve with apple slices and graham crackers.
- If using store bought caramel, be sure to buy caramel SAUCE vs caramel DIP.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.