Unlike permed bangs and neon everything, the recipe for The Best Fruit Dip EVER has stood the test of time. My family and I have been eating it since the 80s!
My Mom used to serve this easy fruit dip as an occasional after-school snack for my brothers and me, and for special occasions like Easter or summer potlucks. The texture is super whippy while the flavor is best described as marshmallow cheesecake meets orange creamsicle.
Best served with grapes, strawberries, pineapple, or a back hoe straight into your mouth. I said what I said. Plus it’s made from just 3 ingredients!
What is Fruit Dip Made Of?
- Marshmallow Fluff: I use the “Marshmallow Fluff” brand of marshmallow fluff, which is gluten free. I find it at World Market.
- Softened Cream Cheese: I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese though full fat is just fine. It is important that your cream cheese is VERY VERY SOFT before mixing the fruit dip ingredients together, otherwise you can end up with little lumps.
- Orange Juice Concentrate: Just a couple tablespoons of frozen >> thawed orange juice concentrate takes this fruit dip from incredible to phenomenal. Use the remaining concentrate to make a jug of OJ!
What to Serve with Fruit Dip:
The short answer is any fruit you want, but I’ve always enjoyed scooping fruit dip up with:
- Pineapple chunks
- Apple slices
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
How Long is Homemade Fruit Dip Good For?
Fruit Dip can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. If the orange juice concentrate separates a bit, just give the whole thing a big stir. Voila, good as new!
How to Make Fruit Dip:
Like I said, all you need is 3 ingredients to make fruit dip: cream cheese that’s been softened to room temperature, marshmallow fluff, and frozen orange juice concentrate that’s been thawed.
Scoop the marshmallow fluff into a large bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Next add the softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate then whisk until very smooth. Feel free to use electric beaters if you want it to come together even faster.
Chill the fruit dip for several hours or overnight then scoop into a serving bowl and present with all your favorite fruits and berries. I hope you love this totally yummy and easy fruit dip recipe – enjoy!
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Whip Fruit Dip >
- No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip >
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Cheesecake Ball >
- Snickerdoodle Almond Butter >
- Fruit and Marshmallow Holiday Salad >
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
The Best Fruit Dip
The Best Fruit Dip is made from just 3 simple ingredients. This easy fruit dip recipe will be a hit at your next party or potluck!
- 7oz tub gluten-free marshmallow fluff
- 8oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Fruit for dipping: strawberries, grapes, pineapple, apples, berries, melon
- Spoon marshmallow fluff into a large, microwave safe bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Whisk in softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate until very smooth then chill for several hours or overnight. Serve with assorted fruit.
- Be sure your cream cheese is very, VERY soft before making this recipe!
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.