Unlike permed bangs and neon everything, this recipe for The Best Fruit Dip Ever has stood the test of time. My family and I have been eating this sweet and yummy dip recipe since the 80s!
Fruit Dip is a mixture of softened cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and orange juice concentrate. The texture is super whippy while the flavor is best described as marshmallow cheesecake meets orange creamsicle.
Serve Fruit Dip with fresh fruits, berries, and dippers…or a giant spoon!
Fruit Dip Ingredients
- Marshmallow Fluff. Also known as Marshmallow Creme. I prefer using the “Marshmallow Fluff” brand of marshmallow creme, found at World Market, as it’s gluten free.
- Softened Cream Cheese. I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese in this recipe though full fat is awesome too. It’s important that your cream cheese is VERY SOFT before mixing with the other ingredients otherwise you can end up with little lumps. Leave it out for several hours to soften.
- Orange Juice Concentrate. A couple tablespoons of frozen then thawed orange juice concentrate takes this fruit dip from incredible to phenomenal. Use the remaining concentrate to make a jug of OJ!
Why is My Fruit Dip Lumpy?
If your cream cheese is not totally soft at room temperature, your dip can end up with little lumps. It will taste fine, but a smooth and creamy dip is part of the presentation! If you DO have little lumps, let the dip sit out for 20 minutes then blast through it again with a hand held mixer fitted with regular beaters, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
Fresh Fruit Dippers
I can’t think of a type of fruit or berry that wouldn’t be delicious dolloped with some of this yummy cream cheese dip, though we’ve always served it with the following:
- Pineapple chunks
- Apple slices
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
Make Ahead of Time
Fruit Dip can be made several days ahead of time. Let the dip sit out for 20 minutes or so then give it a big stir and set out with dippers. It will last several days in the fridge after serving.
How to Make This Recipe
Like I said, all you need is 3 ingredients to make fruit dip:
- Cream cheese that’s been softened to room temperature.
- Marshmallow fluff/Marshmallow Creme
- Frozen orange juice concentrate that’s been thawed.
Scoop the marshmallow fluff into a large bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Next add the softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate then whisk until very smooth. Feel free to use electric beaters if you want it to come together even faster.
Chill for several hours or overnight then scoop the dip into a serving bowl and present with all your favorite fruits and berries. I hope you love this totally yummy and easy fruit dip recipe – enjoy!
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Whip Fruit Dip
- No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Cheesecake Ball
- Snickerdoodle Almond Butter
- Fruit and Marshmallow Holiday Salad
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
The Best Fruit Dip Ever
The Best Fruit Dip Ever is made from 3 everyday ingredients. Pair this easy fruit dip recipe with your favorite fresh fruit and dig in!
- 7oz gluten-free marshmallow fluff
- 8oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Fruit for dipping: strawberries, grapes, pineapple, apples, berries, melon
- Spoon marshmallow fluff into a large, microwave safe mixing bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Add softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate then whisk or beat with an electric hand mixer until very smooth. Chill for several hours or overnight. Serve with assorted fruit.
- Be sure your cream cheese is very, VERY soft before making this recipe! If your dip has little cream cheese lumps, let the dip sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes then whip again.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.